Need your ideas PLEASE! :D

Options
So we're planning on having some friends over after church tomorrow and have been so focused on getting all our decorations up that I haven't planned what we're having to eat. I'm thinking something in the crockpot so it could be ready as soon as we get in from worship. What are your best ideas for "company-worthy" food that can go in the crock pot and not completely derail all hopes of eating healthy. Any ideas welcome because I'll be going to the store in a bit to pick up whatever groceries I need. Thanks so much in advance!

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/search/label/company favorites

Here's a great website with literally hundreds of recipes, and here's a link to the "company favorites" section. Should give you lots to choose from.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    The small group that I'm in loves soups in the winter. Right now I'm thinking a bean soup with lots of vegetables. Bob's red mill has a bag that's 13 beans I think. I don't use the ham but for half the bag of beans I use one link of Hot Italian Sausage, it gives the soup flavor and one like for all that soup does not add much fat or calories. I remove the casing, brown, drain and add to the soup. Serve with a hearty whole grain bread.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Crockpot chili and green chile cornbread with homemade honey butter. It is a winner every time! You can control what you put into the chili and as for the cornbread...well, you have to have something to clean the bowl with. (You don't have to use the butter but your guests will enjoy it). Remenber, the most important thing is to have a good time and enjoy your company!
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey Sister! It's YOU on this BLOG! :happy:
    Have you thought about taco soup? It's somewhat high in sodium, but otherwise very healthy and filling. IF you need th receipe, I've got it. It's easy to make too. :wink:

Susan

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    taco soup? That sounds interesting! please share =D