losing weight too fast?

Options
Bit of background -

So I was on a plateau for about 6 or 7 seven weeks bouncing between 248 and 252 lbs eating a net of 1400 cals. (i eat back exercise cals) So I was getting incredidbly frustrated with no results so I started getting lax about calorie counting but not overeating all that much. I know for the 2 weeks that I ate like this I still hovered within those four pounds. One, only one week ago, I dropped my calories back down again to a net of 1600, (to lose 1.5 lb per week).

I am a weigh yourself every morning as soon as you get up, after bathroom kindof girl. Starting on Tuesday I have lost AT LEAST one pound every day. I weighed in this morning at 242. Monday I was 249. Can someone offer any advice as to what is is happening? I havent seen these types of losses since like my first two weeks taking MFP seriously and dropped all that water weight, when I was like 290ish. Any thoughts? Similar experiences? Is it healthy?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would imagine you're fluctuating fluid weight. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, I also wouldn't expect this pace to continue.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This actually happens to me. I will hover between the same 4 pounds and then BAM lose 5 in a couple days. I assume it's fluid weight like SideSteel suggests. Then it repeats though for me.
  • starrrjo
    starrrjo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Im kind of in the same situation.
    I started healthy eating and exercise 23 days ago and before this I have never been able to lose any weight. But it is literally flying off.

I put a lot of it down to drinking a lot of water. My skin feels amazing and my belly isnt huge anymore. Im not complaining though..just dont want it to stop xx
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Sounds like water. I've had that happen before, and I weigh less than you do so it's a bigger percentage.
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and insight =) Yea that makes sense.