Anyone else having a cheat day?

wallerinaprincess
wallerinaprincess Posts: 96
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Today is my cheat day. I'm having a McDonald's! I'm having the angus 3rd pounder deluxe meal w/ a sprite! :-0 Anyone else cheating today? Whatcha havin? No I'm not saying this is ok, I only have one cheat meal on Saturdays, that's it. Extra elliptical for me tonight though!

Replies

• Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Ugh - I had a cheat day/night last night. I'm hurting today and trying to drag my butt off of the couch to go run. Huge late night dinner with friends at an awesome brewery. So of course i had three or four delicious beers. : ) And it was my exercise day off because I was so sore from five days of straight working out. So I feel EXTRA guilty.

Blah - hatin' myself today....think I will feel better if I kick my butt on a run.

And as I'm typing this the sun just came out...so that might get me out there...

Enjoy your cheat day! Way to plan ahead with the extra exercise!
  • We gotta treat ourselves once in a while!
  • I'm not really cheating cheating... I'm just not paying too much attention to what I'm eating... I'm not going crazy or anything it's just kinda a blah day for me
  • I just got off two cheat weeks. OK ok, I feel off the wagon. So I cant have a cheat day for a long, LONG time. So please describe what you are eating in great detail and please dont leave out any details.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    do not try for cheat day but that is me.
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Today is my cheat day! I have a cheat day most Saturdays, and today is the Holiday Ale Festival! I'm going to try to keep in control, at least a bit, but I do a lot better during the rest of the week if I have the one day to look forward to. It's like I can just push all my cravings off until that day, and by then I don't want them so badly. But who can resist Holiday Ale? :drinker:
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    I can't. And couldn't last night. I love Christmas beers!
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    My department from work is having their Christmas party tonight at a fabulous Mexican restaurant so I will be cheating with enchiladas smothered in cheese and sour cream. And lots of margaritas!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I might cheat a bit after work tonight. I let myself have a cheat meal if I've been very good all week.
  • I had a cheat day last night to celebrate my birthday. I had 3 rolls of sushi, couple of drinks, and desert. When I recorded everything it said I went 800 calories above my limit, which made me feel bad.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    That burger scares me. Be sure to drink a ridiculous amount of water to compensate for the ridiculous amount of sodium. :)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    I don't look on it as being on a diet so I don't consider it cheating. I have changed my lifestyle, my eating and my exercise habits. If I eat something that is not the best for me ( in your words cheating) I make sure I eat well the rest of the day and I exercise hard. IT all balances out
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,999 Member
    I used to have a cheat meal (sometimes day) every couple of weeks, but this time I've just been giving myself the luxury of eating maintenance calories (rather than a deficit) on my rest day. I did, however, cheat on Thanksgiving without tracking my food, and I feel like it's taken more than a week to recover from that. Bad, bad idea. I'll have to remind myself of that when Christmas is here.
  • Yea putting my mickie d's meal into my chart for today was bad. My meal came out to over 1300 calories! My intake budget for the day!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I'm having a 'healthy' cheat day...I just eat until I feel satisfied but still use nutritious foods. This morning I went to a great pescetarian restaurant and had a buttermilk biscuit with smoked salmon, dill cream cheese, spinach, and onion...roasted potatoes on the side. Then for lunch I had a roll made with garbanzo beans --so moist and soft!-- and grilled it in olive oil with some cheese. I treated myself to a vegan carob-chip pumpkin muffin pre/post workout. I also had some tilapia with brown rice. And I worked out for almost 2 hrs today AND bought myself a new pair of running shoes!! :happy:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Well, I did have Raisin' Canes for dinner....:devil: Definitely a treat for me!
  • If I have a cheat day, it'll turn into a cheat week... then a cheat month....
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I kind of split mine up. I have a Mt Dew every friday, but other wise stay on track on Fridays. On Saturdays I usually splurge a little, but only if I've been really active.

i was feeling kind of thirsty after my run today so I had a 16oz Budweiser...that's the last carbinated beverage I'm having until after my race next Saturday (No Mt Dew this Friday). We're also baking Christmas treats for family and freinds next Saturday so yeah, that day will most likely be a disaster.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Yea putting my mickie d's meal into my chart for today was bad. My meal came out to over 1300 calories! My intake budget for the day!

Sometimes it's good to remind yourself why you shouldn't go there.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,999 Member
    I'm having a 'healthy' cheat day...I just eat until I feel satisfied but still use nutritious foods. This morning I went to a great pescetarian restaurant and had a buttermilk biscuit with smoked salmon, dill cream cheese, spinach, and onion...roasted potatoes on the side. Then for lunch I had a roll made with garbanzo beans --so moist and soft!-- and grilled it in olive oil with some cheese. I treated myself to a vegan carob-chip pumpkin muffin pre/post workout. I also had some tilapia with brown rice. And I worked out for almost 2 hrs today AND bought myself a new pair of running shoes!! :happy:
    That sounds like a fabulous day!
This discussion has been closed.