Intermittent Fasting know how.

Options
I've been interested in this for awhile but can never find the right answers on how I do this.
Are there different types? Things I should eat?

Please break it down to me, basically how and when? I already know the why lol.

Cheers. :)

Replies

• stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You won't believe me but..... it depends which version you are on!

I JUDDD so I eat whatever I want whenever I want and stick to just one rule: eat the calories.

So that is 350 - 500kcals however and whenever I want on Down Days
    2000kcals whenevr and however I want on Up Days.

No guilt if you mess it up, it's only a Day and there are more of them!

Which IF are you interested in?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I've been interested in this for awhile but can never find the right answers on how I do this.

There are several different protocols for it. I would remind you that total daily intake of calories and macronutrients is still the dominant variable in determining weight loss and body composition changes, so please keep that in mind when selecting a feeding pattern.

You should ALWAYS choose what you can adhere to. Until there's ample research that a specific feed pattern is arbitrarily and significantly superior, I wouldn't get too caught up in letting the clock dictate when you can and cannot eat.

Now that being said, IF is a great benefit for those who it fits well for. Here are some popular methods that you can google:

Leangains. (www.leangains.com)
    Eat Stop Eat
    Warrior Diet
    5/2 IF (I believe this is a variant of E.S.E, someone will hopefully correct me on this).
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You won't believe me but..... it depends which version you are on!

I JUDDD so I eat whatever I want whenever I want and stick to just one rule: eat the calories.

So that is 350 - 500kcals however and whenever I want on Down Days
    2000kcals whenevr and however I want on Up Days.

No guilt if you mess it up, it's only a Day and there are more of them!

Which IF are you interested in?

I honestly dont know which I'm interested in, didn't even know Juddd existed. All I know is there have been days off work when I've been home and practically not touched a thing and the next day I see a lovely loss and wanted to try and incorporate that into my regular diet.

My calories are set at 1200 and I exercise 5-6 days a week CLX program and approx 30 mins cardio I dont know whether I would be eating back the calories or leave myself at a net of less than 1200. Don't know if this would make a difference but I have PCOS and IR and will be on a very low carb diet where they will mostly come from veggies.

Thanks sidesteel I have heard of 5/2 and wondered how to go about it.
  • mjswalters
    mjswalters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I also do JUDDD and I like it a lot. It has kept me from feeling deprived, which was the nail in the coffin for me and WW. The doctor that "created" JUDDD has a website with a calculator and that's where I got my numbers. I eat 500 cals on down days and 2000 on up days. Those are portioned out eating whatever I want, whenever I want.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Do which ever one fits into your schedule I do 16 hour fasts every day
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd pop back in and say that I am still JUDDDing and still losing a pound or so a week.

I manage fasts of 36 - 40 hours, with 350-500kcals at about 24 hours in an evening meal, twice a week and another lowish kcal day thrown in.

It has been remarkably easy and I had no idea I would find a diet that I would enjoy and stick to so easily.

How are you doing?
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    giveMEbeauty Trying the 16/8 fasts today. Does anyone else do this and had good weight loss results ?
    a few seconds ago · Comment
    Remove
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options

There are several different protocols for it. I would remind you that total daily intake of calories and macronutrients is still the dominant variable in determining weight loss and body composition changes, so please keep that in mind when selecting a feeding pattern.

You should ALWAYS choose what you can adhere to. Until there's ample research that a specific feed pattern is arbitrarily and significantly superior, I wouldn't get too caught up in letting the clock dictate when you can and cannot eat.

Now that being said, IF is a great benefit for those who it fits well for. Here are some popular methods that you can google:

Leangains. (www.leangains.com)
    Eat Stop Eat
    Warrior Diet
    5/2 IF (I believe this is a variant of E.S.E, someone will hopefully correct me on this).
    QFT.
  • rapidity
    rapidity Posts: 10
    Options
    Keep in mind that IF works different for women and men, because of hormones. Most research done on IF is done on men. So it might not necessarily work out for you. Which version works for you? Just experiment. I just post to let you know that it works different for male and female and that is something to keep in mind.