Recent Member

Options
I have been using myfitnesspal for one month. I think it is great and I have lost some weight. I just started reading a few of the blogs and message boards and find them interesting. I currently don't have any MFP friends but now that I feel comfortable with the program a few friends would be nice. I am male and in my 70's and did not have a weight problem for most of my life. However, over the last few years I put on weight and then discovered I have diabetes.

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Fellow diabetic here, I'm 50 and have been on here for a few months now. I have lost 63 pounds this time so far and have seen NSV's(Non Scale Victories) everyday for weeks now. Just last night I noticed that I have lost my TV tray no place to set my plate on my stomach without it falling now. I still have a very long way to go and plan on being on here for a long, long time. Good luck with your journey.
  • gdrake64506
    gdrake64506 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I dreaded the idea of having to manually count calories, but it was clear to me that I needed to do more than count carbs. Myfitnesspal has put me back in control of my life. I appreciate hearing from another diabetic who is taking the bull by the horns.