Figuring out nutritional info in recipe???

Options
I'm going to a bbq today and I made a banana pudding to bring with me but used better choices for the ingredients. I would like to be able to tell the people how much per serving the nutritional info is but I don't know how to figure that out. Anyone out there know how to do this?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You can use the reci[e creator function here on MFP!
  • carriecawley
    Options
    I've never used it before do I just put in the total amounts of stuff that went into the dish?
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Carrie, I just checked it out it was pretty cool. Click on tools click on recipe nutrition it will ask you what you made and how many people it feeds then you list the ingredient and it calculate how many calories total & per serving w/ fat, sodium , & etc
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Log each ingredient and the quantity, the same way you would log your lunch or any other meal (obviously the portions will be much larger here). When done, save it as a meal. Now that it's saved as a meal, go back and delete each individual entry from your daily food log. Now add a food, click the My Meals tab, and add the meal. But rather than entering "1" for the amount (which would represent the entire dish), enter .2 for 1/5 of the dish (or however big you estimate a typical serving to be). That'll add roughly 1 serving of the meal to your daily food log, and you can see the nutritional breakdown.
  • carriecawley
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help!!