Can't Find Tennis Shoes

Options
Well I am in a pickle. My husband and I went to the local mall to shop for tennis shoes.
I have to wear specific walking tennis shoes (i.e., new balance 496) because of a bone spur
and the inserts I have to wear. Also, I am wearing "W" shoes right now. We went to about
6-7 stores and not one had the shoes I need.

Any suggestions? Or a preferred website that caters to people with foot problems?

The good news -- I got a nice mall walk in with the hubbs!

Replies

• cherbapp
    Options
    If you have a specific shoe that you love and works great for you, just order them online.

As I lost weight my feet have changed and I had to get re-assessed...:)...then I just went to the local high end shoes store and got fitted and tried them all on till I found a new kind/style I love. Reordered those online as I wore them out.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Amazon and Sears both showed up and have them first thing in a Google search.

I'm surprised your insets are so picky. I had some too, but they fit several different shoes.

Good luck!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    The Famous Footwear store in my area has a big variety of NB shoes, and quite a few in the wide width. They have an online store too.

Try online, especially if you already know the brand name/model/size that you want.
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks all...will try the famous footwear, sears, etc. online.