Hungry?

amysol
amysol Posts: 83 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Have a pickle! :-) 5 calories!

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    But watch out for the amount of sodium.... that will cause you to gain weight
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Yeah, I realized this the other day, and was suddenly very angry at said pickle.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    I noticed sodium thing too lately trying to watch how much I consume.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,029 Member
    Have a pickle! :-) 5 calories!
    Not THAT hungry! Eww. Can you tell I don't like pickles? :laugh:
  • Definitely high in sodium. I ran away from pickles -- and FAST! :laugh:
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    May be high in sodium but they will get my need to munch to go away. It is better than when I reach for the chips.
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    I'm hungry, but no pickles to be had anyway. :(
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    just drink a bottle of water after and youll be fine!!!! sodium is fine, just not in high quantities every day.

btw, i love pickles. extra pickles on everything!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Sodium only causes you to gain water weight, I wouldn't worry too much about this because it's not true weight gain, and a few extra glasses of the lovely H20 will make it go away. Just don't overdo too often =)
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    OR how about a cucumber instead Yummy and very low in calories. Not sure about the sodium count but I don't think it is as bad as a pickle, maybe not even close.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    If you can find English cucumbers, they are WONDERFUL, have a little milder flavor than the regular ones. With a little pepper on them, or if you feel like it, dip in some reduced fat Italian dressing, yum, and while your at it a few grape or cherry tomatoes. YUM!!!
  • amysol
    amysol Posts: 83 Member
    Well I am not a huge fan of pickles so 1 ever so often is good for me. And I was thinking of it as a replacement for, ok, sitting on the couch, wanting some chips and crunchy salty items....instead, have a pickle! Way better then half a bag of chips, and less sodium! LOL :-)
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Pickles also suppress hunger. If my stomach is rumbling but dinner's not quite ready and I have just enough cals for the rest of the day - I just pop a little kosher dill and I'm fine til then.

Yay pickles! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.