Ugh!!

Options
Ok.. So I have been really trying to track what I eat, and so far have been doing marvelous, if I do say so myself :) But I am confused because I am eating mostly vegetables, lean meats, and some fruit, but according to my daily allowances on here, I am going over my sugars. Is this acceptable, considering the sources of those sugars? I am staying below my calorie limit, fat limit, and carb limit, but going over on sugar, protein, and fiber... anyone else have this happen???

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ok.. So I have been really trying to track what I eat, and so far have been doing marvelous, if I do say so myself :) But I am confused because I am eating mostly vegetables, lean meats, and some fruit, but according to my daily allowances on here, I am going over my sugars. Is this acceptable, considering the sources of those sugars? I am staying below my calorie limit, fat limit, and carb limit, but going over on sugar, protein, and fiber... anyone else have this happen???

I go over on sugar, but most of the time it's not because of natural sugars!:blushing: I usually stay under on most everything else, but oh that sugar gets me! I don't have any advice, unfortunately, but I am interested to hear what others have to say!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options

I've done some reading on this, and from what I can tell as long as you are eating a balanced diet with good whole grains, lean meats, fruits (more whole fruits than juice) and vegetables, you should be okay. Milk, fruits and veggies have natural sugars - and I think the limit MFP gives is a bit low if you eat enough fruits and veggies every day. If all of your sugars are coming from added sugars, then it is a problem, but it sounds like that isn't the case. It is the ADDED SUGARS you need to keep as low as possible.

Here is the American Heart Association's recent guidelines on added sugars - I found it very helpful.
    http://americanheart.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=800
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Here is another good link about sugar, from the American Heart Association: Sugar 101 http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3068932
  • aprilleverett
    aprilleverett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks dudette! I was stressing about having to cut out some veggies and fruits I really enjoy :( I feel sooo relieved now!