30 Day Shred and my first success post!

Options
2»

Replies

• HeatherTransformed
    Options

When I first started I was resting for more than half of it but I finally just had to tell myself that even if I was resting for 15 of the 25 minute work out that was still 15 minutes of good work, which is more than I would be getting if I gave up or didn't even try. I wont lie, its intense but just remember, do only what you can do. Its good to push your body to see what your capable of but dont push it more than you can handle. Please feel free to friend me if you'd like support or to ask questions.

It was awful! I don't think I got through 10 minutes and then I was wheezing on the couch for the next half hour. Haha! I got mad that I couldn't do it and turned it off and got all depressed. I wish I had read this earlier. Tomorrow I'm going to try again and just sit if I get too tired rather than shutting it off. And friend request sent. :o)
  • butterflyfairy2
    butterflyfairy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I started this on the 1st and I only got through about 10 minutes before I though I was gonna die. I felt bad for not being able to finish it but then I got over it thinking that "At least I tried". I then popped it in the next day and made it through the whole thing but decided to make up my own modifications. I do my push-ups on the wall, if I can't do all the jumping jacks I jog in place. I'm trying to find what works for me. Yeah I might not get the same results as someone who is doing it exactly like the video but at least I'm doing it.
    I'm not going to lie and say its easy, I feel as if someone has taken a baseball bat to my legs they hurt so bad lol. I just push through the pain cause I know it will be worth it in the end and it is slowly getting better.
    Feel free to send me a friend request if you would like :-)
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    Those are some great results!! Great job! :)

I have one more week of Ripped in 30 to do and then I am going to do the Shred. If I had known about it before I got RI30, I would have done it first, and then did RI30. To me, the weight training and abs were a piece of cake, but the cardio was real hard for me. BUT... last week (even yesterday) Week 3 was rough! I loved every minute of it, but still couldn't do all of the Table Top Tricep Dips after the whole week. Today, W4 D1, I noticed that I could get through the majority of it (Cardio and all) but I was sweating like crazy and was glad she had us lay on the floor and relax before the stretch. It was about 3 minutes of relaxation before she stretched us out and my heart was still pumping pretty hard during the stretch.

As for 30 Day Shred, I am excited to start it because it seems like people have lost more inches and had more toning with the Shred than with RI30. Don't get me wrong. You WILL tone up with RI30. I take my measurements every week and have dropped 5 pounds and 5.2 (or .4) inches just in 3 weeks following her diet plan and my own. I even overspent calories on Friday and Saturday eating the wrong things and STILL lost 2 pounds this past week! I don't suggest it though, cause I only lost 1.1 inches. I am going to post my RI30 pictures next week so everyone can see the progress I made. Even my 2 week pics show a difference! I get excited when I see these posts! These programs really do work! :)
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    I forgot to add that during last week, I had to do my own modifications with some of the cardio because it really was rough!!
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options

When I first started I was resting for more than half of it but I finally just had to tell myself that even if I was resting for 15 of the 25 minute work out that was still 15 minutes of good work, which is more than I would be getting if I gave up or didn't even try. I wont lie, its intense but just remember, do only what you can do. Its good to push your body to see what your capable of but dont push it more than you can handle. Please feel free to friend me if you'd like support or to ask questions.

It was awful! I don't think I got through 10 minutes and then I was wheezing on the couch for the next half hour. Haha! I got mad that I couldn't do it and turned it off and got all depressed. I wish I had read this earlier. Tomorrow I'm going to try again and just sit if I get too tired rather than shutting it off. And friend request sent. :o)

Glad I could help :) let me know how your next time goes! Friend request accepted.
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options
    I started this on the 1st and I only got through about 10 minutes before I though I was gonna die. I felt bad for not being able to finish it but then I got over it thinking that "At least I tried". I then popped it in the next day and made it through the whole thing but decided to make up my own modifications. I do my push-ups on the wall, if I can't do all the jumping jacks I jog in place. I'm trying to find what works for me. Yeah I might not get the same results as someone who is doing it exactly like the video but at least I'm doing it.
    I'm not going to lie and say its easy, I feel as if someone has taken a baseball bat to my legs they hurt so bad lol. I just push through the pain cause I know it will be worth it in the end and it is slowly getting better.
    Feel free to send me a friend request if you would like :-)

Oh man I feel you on the pain thing. The first 3 days of each level I felt like my muscles were going to explode but it got better and now i'm actually looking forward to starting it up again.
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options
    Those are some great results!! Great job! :)

I have one more week of Ripped in 30 to do and then I am going to do the Shred. If I had known about it before I got RI30, I would have done it first, and then did RI30. To me, the weight training and abs were a piece of cake, but the cardio was real hard for me. BUT... last week (even yesterday) Week 3 was rough! I loved every minute of it, but still couldn't do all of the Table Top Tricep Dips after the whole week. Today, W4 D1, I noticed that I could get through the majority of it (Cardio and all) but I was sweating like crazy and was glad she had us lay on the floor and relax before the stretch. It was about 3 minutes of relaxation before she stretched us out and my heart was still pumping pretty hard during the stretch.

As for 30 Day Shred, I am excited to start it because it seems like people have lost more inches and had more toning with the Shred than with RI30. Don't get me wrong. You WILL tone up with RI30. I take my measurements every week and have dropped 5 pounds and 5.2 (or .4) inches just in 3 weeks following her diet plan and my own. I even overspent calories on Friday and Saturday eating the wrong things and STILL lost 2 pounds this past week! I don't suggest it though, cause I only lost 1.1 inches. I am going to post my RI30 pictures next week so everyone can see the progress I made. Even my 2 week pics show a difference! I get excited when I see these posts! These programs really do work! :)

I think It sounds like I lost more than I did because I took my measurements in 12 different places to get an all over idea. But I did find out why I got so exhausted the longer I did it. I didnt realize you can list it under the "circuit training" section in the cardio so i was guessing how many calories i was burning and I was off by almost 200 calories so I was eating way too little for what I was burning through out the day and just running myself down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!