newbie, 100+ to lose

Options
Hi, I am Susan and I have over one hundred pounds to lose. I was told by my doctor that I need to have surgery, but that it doesn't work on "fat" people, so she won't do the surgery unless I lose 40 lbs. by 2/16/10. That was on the 16th of November, and so far I have lost 8.5 lbs. I went back to my diet from the beginning of the year, when I lost 30 lbs for the Pound For Pound challenge on Biggest Loser. As soon as I reached my goal, I stopped & gained back 20 before this doctors appointment. I know, "What were you thinking, Sue?" There are a few differences between then and now...I am unable to exercise, due to my medical condition...now I have joined OA and go weekly to my meetings. Hopefully, I will be able to reach this goal, or she will cancel the procedure. Wish me luck!

Replies

• gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Sue, you have already made an important first step. Best Wishes!
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your Journey!
  • derrysue
    Options
    Thank you, good luck to you!!
  • derrysue
    Options
    Thank you, good luck to you!!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Hey welcome! I have over 100 pounds to lose too! We can do it! This is such a helpful site!
  • badgirllaughing
    badgirllaughing Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    good luck !! My original weight was 274 lbs.. i lost 75 lbs but as soon as i heard under 200 i too stopped. I felt fabulous and i celebrated by stopping too and now I am 40 lbs heavier and starting over again. I was so miserable at 240, the extra weight makes me so cranky. I knew what i had to do but being depressed is so hard to get out of. I fought with my best friend and sister within months of each other and got me so depressed I stay at home a lot secretly eating sweets because they didn't let me down and were ever so faithfully sweet. I have realized I am responsible for my own life, I have to work on being happy with me before I can be happy with anyone else right now. I am working out again. :) and eating healthy and feeling a bit better each day as the weight comes off. I am determined to make it this time, to reach my final goal of being 150 lbs. My current weight was 227 lbs in two weeks :) .. :drinker: