Who am I accountable to?!

I have been very self conscious about my weight since as long as I can remember. I was never one of those super skinny girls, but I was in great shape at one point in life. As college came and went I had a blast, learned a lot, and saw the world, but it wasn't good for my waist line. I'm great at excuses and horrible about accountability. Giving out this information is something I would normally never do, but I'm getting married next june and I REALLY need to lose weight, so somethings gotta give. I'm around 180 now and my goal is 155 by March. Any support and suggestions are welcome! Good luck to everyone.

Replies

• Hello and welcome! I just found your post when I searched for "accountability". I need this really bad. No one knows that I'm cheating and not tracking my food and I haven't weighed myself in weeks. I was even thinking of joining weight watchers again for the umpteenth time for the accountability, but I really like MFP plus it's free. :) They say it really helps to have friends on here for the support. I'll send you a friend request so we can help each other!
  • Having accountability partners there to remind you why you are doing what you are doing can really help. I think we all kind of have the same problem...well maybe not all but a lot of us do. I will do great few a few days ((sometimes weeks)) but then I lose focus and forget why I am doing what I am doing. You have all of us here to help support you in your goals! We can help each other. :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    I have been very self conscious about my weight since as long as I can remember. I was never one of those super skinny girls, but I was in great shape at one point in life. As college came and went I had a blast, learned a lot, and saw the world, but it wasn't good for my waist line. I'm great at excuses and horrible about accountability. Giving out this information is something I would normally never do, but I'm getting married next june and I REALLY need to lose weight, so somethings gotta give. I'm around 180 now and my goal is 155 by March. Any support and suggestions are welcome! Good luck to everyone.

My momma you to ask me " How bad do you want it?" if you really want to lose weight then you will :) take a look at this it is a simple guildline on what not to do while on your journey :) and feel free to add me if you need extra help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/731316-how-to-fail-with-instructions?page=2#posts-10781213
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Hi Kim, you are only accountable to yourself, no one else. Be honest with yourself. it takes dedication and committment but you can do it. I think it's important to have support....the kind that comes from people like those on MFP. We all want healthy weight loss. Remember that your body is unique and you have to find what works best for you. Good luck to you. Ani
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    I agree with the other comments too. I like to have my food diary viewable to my MFP friends. I do have days I go over my calorie goals (like today). Having my diary viewable helps me personally be honest with myself. And I get back on track the next day. I really like MFP. Best wishes on your journey :)