anybody here eat paleo/keto/clean/low carb!

Options
i eat real food and do all kinds of workouts (crossfit, tabata, running, bootcamps, and lifting)! so, far, i've lost close to 60 pounds through a paleo/low carb lifestyle.

i use MFP mostly to keep track of carb/fat/protein ratios. daily i eat about 130 grams of protein, i'm not afraid of eating healthy fats, and no more than 30 grams of carbs.

eating paleo/clean/low carb has changed my life...healthier, more energy, leaner, and happier! i blog (deliciouswife.com) to stay motivated and keep track of my progress. MFP helps me stay on track.

i'm looking for MFP friends who have the same interests/lifestyle!

add me if you do!

melissa

Replies

• capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    30 grams of carbs, that makes me head hurt.
  • msdivine26
    Options
    Hi Melissa,

After a lot of research and a hard look at what I've been eating [I've gained almost 30 pounds in 9 months from starting a baking business and just being apathetic], I'm cutting all gluten and non-natural sugars. I'm also a really picky eater and could use more protein and try some new veggies. This basically looks like a non-cult version of Paleo, so I started that on Tuesday.

After emails with my doctor and consulting various Paleo forums, I've settled on 60fat/20protein/20carbs with a limit of 30grams of sugar - for at least the first 30 days. I'll make adjustments if needed depending on how I feel/look after that.

I'm going to go follow your blog and add you here now. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Go to Groups: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups

..type "Paleo" into the Search box....there are lots of groups here, incase you don't get a lot of replies on this thread. . . you'll get all kinds of responses in general forums. For specific lifestyles, sometimes Groups are better. There are a lot of Paleo folks here.

Welcome!
  • cleanandlean2012
    cleanandlean2012 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa

I noticed your post regarding low carb / clean, which I do using James Duigan Clean and Lean - I am sure we are on a similar wave length, but what is Paleo?

Essentially I eat clean, natural foods, omitting sugar, refined carbs and processed foods. On the plan I can have one free meal a week, which is proving problematic, as after a week of super eating I actually feel quite ill from a cheat meal?

Would love to connect. Sounds like you are doing very well. I joined 4 weeks ago and have lost 14lbs so far. I have another 98lbs to go.

Sara
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    What type of tabata training do you do?
  • delicious_wife
    Options
    lots of people in the paleo/primal/low carb groups...awesome!
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    Just started my Keto today. Feel free to add me.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'll send a FR. I eat under 30 carbs during the week and allow around 70 carbs on the weekends. I have been doing this for almost 90 days now and am down 86 pounds.
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am going Paleo.

FR's welcome.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I'll send a FR. I eat under 30 carbs during the week and allow around 70 carbs on the weekends. I have been doing this for almost 90 days now and am down 86 pounds.

Your down 86lbs in 90 days? You should see a doctor
  • AnaVerasGettingFit
    Options

Did you lose that 86 in 90 days from this?
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I eat around 30g a day or under and normally feel great. I don't eat grains or sugar and don't plan to ever again.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Your down 86lbs in 90 days? You should see a doctor

this. unless of course you somehow lost all of your limbs..at which point i imagine you are already under some sort of medical care.