Needing New Snack and Lunch Ideas...help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• anamy90
    Options
    10 calorie jelly with some fruit? Literally become a snack staple for me right now. Baked bananas are tasty too.
  • CaelGomez
    Options
    I love eating avocado slices with a little Johnny's Seasoning on it.
    I also love slicing up a chilled banana and putting it in a bowl with some non-fat milk.
    Jell-O pudding isn't all too bad, either. I just found that out today (& it's super easy to make)!

Fiber One bars are a great snack if you're super hungry. They also make a great breakfast!

Or how about some salmon jerky? It's expensive, but super filling and delicious!
    It's about $5 for a 4oz piece at Safeway. It's in the Seafood section next to the cold-smoked salmon.
  • CaelGomez
    Options
    Oh, you should also try Rhubarb!
    Growing up, my great grandmother had a rhubarb plant.
    She would give me a stick of it, and I would dip it in a little sugar and it tasted delicious!
    Super tart, but the sugar makes it sweet as well.

I LOVE cantaloupe.
    Buy a dehydrator and make your own dried fruit treats like:
    Apples
    Mangoes
    Bananas
    Persimmons
    Pears
    Starfruit
  • lilkayaker
    lilkayaker Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition brand protien powders you make with water milk or waterver
  • 72elkiedude
    72elkiedude Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Baked Oatmeal Protein Bars
    3 cups oatmeal
    2-Heaping Scoops of Vanilla Protein Powder
    1/2 cup brown sugar (you could use less if you want)
    2 tsp. baking powder
    Pinch of Nutmeg
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    Pinch of Sea salt
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or Maple Syrup
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 eggs (1-who;e & 1-white)
    1/2 cup milk & ½ cup Greek Yogurt
    ¼ cup of Peanut Butter
    1 pint blueberries, raspberries, craisins or other fruit (you could substitute 1 cup raisins)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in the blueberries. Spread into a 9x9 pan that has been sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top feels firm to the touch. This is delicious hot or cold, and can also be served topped with milk. Keep in fridge

Slice 9x9 into 9-bars

1-Bar=189 cal / 30 carbs / 10 sugar / 10 protein / 24 sodium
  • 24kmparks
    24kmparks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Last night to cure my sweet tooth I ate a mashed up banana with a teaspoon of creamy peanut butter and just under a half teaspoon of chocolate chips. Super yum!
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Garden is bursting with tomatoes right now. New favorite is sliced tomatoes sprinkled with blue cheese crumbles, yum yum, even better on sea salt melba rounds.
  • maritza140
    Options
    My lunch time is very limited so I need quick and easy, plus it needs to taste good. So, when I'm not bringing left overs from dinner, these are some of the things I get from the grocery store:

Progresso Light soups (great variety, yummy and low cal/sodium/etc)
    Lean Cuisine Steam Bags (they taste great, don't taste like the tipical frozen dinner and of course there's variety)
    smoked turkey wraps with whole wheat tortilla and avocado
  • dthompson2046
    Options
    Chicken Wrap - M&M Grilled Chicken Breast Slices, 50grams, fat free caesar dressing, grated cheese, Wrap
    Jello - Fat Free - Made at Home
    Special K chips 18 chips,
    Cup Watermellon

I also put cucumbers in and make a cucumber wrap instead of chicken, with Fat Free Mayo
  • suzmagana
    suzmagana Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Whoa!!! I didn't realize this thread was still going!! Thanks for all the awesome ideas guys!!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    Bump