Help...how can I keep up my routine?

Options
so, all summer I have done so well with managing my calories and exercising and eating clean. Next week, I will be back at college, hospital hours and kids back in school. My time and access to good foods are going to become limited. Suggestions on how to stay on track?

Replies

• rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Preplan and prepack. I was off all summer with the kids. Now they are back at school and I am back at work. I preplan my dinners by the week and log all my food the night before...that way there are no surprises. I also pack my lunch when I pack my kids lunches. Ready to go in the morning! I have also started freezer meals. When I make a recipe..which is 80% of the time made in the crockpot, I double the recipe and freeze half. I use this site for a lot of my recipes. Www.onceamonthmom.com.
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    Prepare as much as you can the night before! Try and plan your weeks meals and get ahead of yourself. As for exercise, work out when you can fit some in and stick to it.

It might be hard, but nothing worth having is easy right? :)
  • rnhoppe
    Options
    I also do my exercise while the kids eat breakfast...it's like a dinner show to them! Lol
  • solamentemama
    Options
    Great ideas ladies :-) I will have to go get a crock pot for sure! Menu planning will be a challenge but that will certainly help with the ends of the day stress. I totally agree that anything worth having is worth working for and it looks like I will have to be getting even more disciplined to pull this off.
  • solamentemama
    Options
    Awesome! Not sure I have the confidence to be the dinner show though. I typically hide in my room with my dvd, close the curtains, turn off the lights and lock the door. lmao. Confidence comes later, right?
  • rnhoppe
    Options
    Trust me my kids are the only ones that get to see it! I wait till hubby leaves for work and close the blinds TIGHT!
  • rnhoppe
    Options
    And my crockpot is my best friend...a best friend that cooks dinner for me all day and has it ready when I get home from work :)
  • britchick88
    britchick88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Chicka,

Yes, get the crock pot. I have one that you can have for a while if you like ( I don't NEED to have 3 of them in the house!) I have some great recipes for dinners. Shakeology will really help with lunch, and breakfast, eggs and turkey bacon is always a great one :)

The children won't mind watching you... get them to join in!

You're doing so well and I'm so proud of you xx
  • solamentemama
    Options
    :smile: Thank you on all counts. I will take you up on the offer. I am just getting a bit panicky. About everything, lol. Going to try to keep my head above water.