What do u do if u go over???

Options
I've gone over my calories due to a birthday party, do you eat less for the next few days to catch up or do u draw a liner under that day start again tomorrow as normal?? Whenever I go over I always beat myself up for doing it then tend to eat moor again :-( time of the month this week don't help either :-(

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If you can exercise a bit more today, try that. Otherwise, tomorrow is a new day. Just start over.
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Burn off the calories tomorrow
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I look at my weekly intake and make sure I'm still under over the week.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Firstly I try & only go over with low cal stuff. Difficult at a birthday party, I know. Then, if I do, I calculate how much I have gone over by and adjust for it with more exercise and less/better eating over a few days. I try and minimise the damage. Usually all that extra effort pops into my mind the next time I am about to go over my daily allotment :)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Start fresh tomorrow. Go for a walk if you can. Will make you feel better.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I give it a little extra exercise and maybe 100 less cals a few days to compensate. These things come up and you don't have to go crazy worrying about it. The sooner you get back on track the easier it is. Don't give up on the whole day if you overdo at lunch
  • Helliberrie
    Helliberrie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just draw a line under it and start again tomorrow ...
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I permit myself one free day a week where I can eat as much of anything at all, however I like. I try to arrange that parties where there is a lot of good food come on my free day.

It helps me psychologically, because I can have anything I want as long as I eat it on the free day, and I can manage to wait five or six days for something, no problem. And I think it keeps my metabolism forcibly out of starvation mode. When not free eating, I have to work to make calories for the day.
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    Exercise today or tomorrow to burn off the calories, don't eat too little
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    One day doesn't make that much difference, it's about long-term balance, so don't worry about today, try and have a better day tomorrow (but don't over compensate) and keep an eye on your weekly average - that's more important. Most of all don't beat yourself up about it, that just makes you feel miserable then you'll want to comfort eat!!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I look at my weekly intake and make sure I'm still under over the week.

^ this + extra exercise
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    It was a birthday party. Calories don't count during party's and holidays.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    No need to beat yourself up about it. Just work out a little more and eat a little less the rest of the week. Eating over is NOT bad, only if you do it every day. Do not be afraid of going into the red zone. It's life, enjoy it :)
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Personally I try to balance the calories weekly, so I would be taking some extra exercise tomorrow.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    everyone has to go over once in a while (yesterday was a blue moon ;) ) we'd all go insane otherwise just draw a line under it and start again...
    what i try to do is make a mental note of what really pushed it over today it was either the immense chocolate cake (iv been to a birthday party too!!) or the coconut rice so i wont have either tomorrow ;) it was the first time iv ever had thai now i know to maybe go for the boiled rice over the coconut :)
    I always like to think its as much about what you dont eat as what you do... makes me feel better... ok yes i did have cake and rice but i turned down the other half of my rice and second helping of cake and i didnt have a coconutty curry too which i was tempted by... always makes me feel a bit better.
    x
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    i just exercise more
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Start over tommorrow!!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I do nothing and continue as scheduled. Starving yourself doesn't do anything. Beating yourself up doesn't help. It's ok to go over once in awhile. Hell I go over, on purpose, ever saturday. And i'm not talkin by a few measly cpl hundred calories either lol
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise it off or at least as much of it as I can. Like during commercial breaks, jog in place. Its about 44 cals in 3 mins. Do this throughout the day it will really add up. Also before you eat, drink 2 cups of water. No cals and you will be fuller and eat less which means eating less cals. But if its like 1000 cals or more you go over, just try to burn of as much as you can and start fresh the next day. Never starve yourself the next day because the day after that you will eat more and go over your cals again and you'll get yourself in a never ending cycle. Hope this helps and good luck!