I need some advice from the ladies

Options
Yasmine91
Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
Hey girls, I would like to know if anybody on here is on the contraceptive implant. I have had it for over and year now and I still had my periods but I haven't had a period for nearly over 2 months now.

I'm not pregnant, I have done a test. But I need to know if this is normal to happen over time, because I know periods can stop but that normally happens as soon as the implant is in. Has anybody else had this happen to them? and did you turn out ok? I'm a little concerned.

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I don't have the implant, but I am on the pill and my periods have basically been non-existent since I started working out. We're you active before or did you stop having it since changing your activity and diet?
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't have the implant either (never heard of it, TBH) but am on the pill. I've noticed as my weight and body fat lowers, my periods are lighter, sometimes less painful and even shorter. If you're ever worried, you can always just call the nurse at your OB/GYN or doctor's office for a quick moment of reassurance.
  • LadyMartini2010
    Options
    Hello,

I have had the IUD implant since 2006 and I did bleed for the first 3 weeks after it was implanted. It is normal to have bleeding during the beginning. I spotted every month for the first year, but then my periods began to decrease in amount and length. Talk to your doctor if you are still concerned, but I have had it for 6 years now and I haven't had any problems. I hope this helps.
  • Yasmine91
    Options
    I don't have the implant, but I am on the pill and my periods have basically been non-existent since I started working out. We're you active before or did you stop having it since changing your activity and diet?

Well I had my last period before ramadan which was in around the end of july near beginning of august. I stopped excersising when ramadan started and I had to stop working out too and since then I've not had not one period while my little sister has had 3 periods since then :P so I'm here like...urrm...where's mine? lol

I have been excersisng again and ate better from last week monday. I've had symptoms of a period but no bleeding.
  • Yasmine91
    Options
    I don't have the implant either (never heard of it, TBH) but am on the pill. I've noticed as my weight and body fat lowers, my periods are lighter, sometimes less painful and even shorter. If you're ever worried, you can always just call the nurse at your OB/GYN or doctor's office for a quick moment of reassurance.

Yeah the pill is a little different from implant. You're periods can either stop, be heavier or just stay the same. But for me I've had it for a year and i had my perid but all of a sudden..they're not there anymore :P
  • Yasmine91
    Options
    Hello,

I have had the IUD implant since 2006 and I did bleed for the first 3 weeks after it was implanted. It is normal to have bleeding during the beginning. I spotted every month for the first year, but then my periods began to decrease in amount and length. Talk to your doctor if you are still concerned, but I have had it for 6 years now and I haven't had any problems. I hope this helps.

That does make me ease a little, I'm just scared if I've mucked up my fertility :(
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    were you fasting during ramadan? that could have affected your period.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, I would like to know if anybody on here is on the contraceptive implant. I have had it for over and year now and I still had my periods but I haven't had a period for nearly over 2 months now.

I'm not pregnant, I have done a test. But I need to know if this is normal to happen over time, because I know periods can stop but that normally happens as soon as the implant is in. Has anybody else had this happen to them? and did you turn out ok? I'm a little concerned.

I just looked it up, because I was pretty sure this wasn't available in the U.S. anymore (I know you're in the U.K., but this is probably why not a lot of women here are aware of it).

I had the original Norplant quite a while back, but it's no longer available. Are you talking about Norplant II aka Jadelle (available in the U.K., but not U.S.)? Anyway, I had the older type, and I don't think I really had periods, but like I said, it's been a while. I kept it in for the 5 year life of that implant, and my periods were back to normal after that, which I think was what you wanted to know.
  • Yasmine91
    Options

I just looked it up, because I was pretty sure this wasn't available in the U.S. anymore (I know you're in the U.K., but this is probably why not a lot of women here are aware of it).

I had the original Norplant quite a while back, but it's no longer available. Are you talking about Norplant II aka Jadelle (available in the U.K., but not U.S.)? Anyway, I had the older type, and I don't think I really had periods, but like I said, it's been a while. I kept it in for the 5 year life of that implant, and my periods were back to normal after that, which I think was what you wanted to know.

I think it's called Nexplanon and it stays in for 3 years, and yes! that is what I wanted to know, I was just wondering why all of a sudden I don't have periods when I had them for a year. THanks X3
  • Yasmine91
    Options
    were you fasting during ramadan? that could have affected your period.

I was fasting on and off because it was messing me up and I was gaining weight so I was freaking out lol
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I had the IUD for almost 5 years and never had a period the whole time.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd implant.
    I don't usually bleed, but i've noticed adter about 2 1/2 yrs i do start again, but theyre very light.

In the last few months i've drasticallly upped my protein, and that seems to have coincided with some bleeding.
    So maybe see if you protein has decreased?
    Also if i gain weight i'm more likely to bleed, (and less likely if i lose weight)
    Hope this helps.
  • cybercpa
    Options
    I used to go over 3 months at a time without a period when my body fat percentage was low - when I was young. Had a hysterectomy in 2008 and thrilled not to ever have a period again!! Woohoo loving it! :heart:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have a mirida..hormone IUD...and I bled like crazy for the first 3 months and didn't bleed after that until this month (so a full year of no period). This month has been stressful...my son started kindergartern, I'm back to work, still exercising...so I blame the stress for my bleeding. I'm going to guess that the stress on your body from Ramadan had something to do with it (changing eating patterns and exercise patterns).