gym balls!!

Options
I bought a gym ball today and have found a great you tube tutorial from someone called Adam Ford. anyone heard of him or had any ssuccess with the gym ball? I thought I'd use it on my days off from jillIan Michael's ripped In 30 as it's more chilled!

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about a weighted medicine ball? I use mine for wall ball squats, lunges w/ a twist, and russian twists for abs. I think they are a good addition to a workout but I've yet to build an entire workout around them.
  • jubob78
    jubob78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the medicine ball. I mean the big yoga balls....haha that sounds funny!!
  • jubob78
    jubob78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Do you mean fit balls?
  • LupaNera
    Options
    Last year I have been doing pilates with the swiss ball and it greatly improves balance and it is also fun. But It is important do do it properly or you can injure yourself. I think that it will be better for you to do one month with a trainer to learn the exercises and then do it by yourself.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll give him a try I was just give n a Gym ball last week and I'm looking for workouts.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Stability balls, Gym balls, Swiss Balls..... a rose by any other name!

There are some pretty hard core exercises you can do on these things. If you have one of the toughened anti-burst ones, you can use it as a kind of weight bench: adds a layer of instability and core activation. There are a metric tonne of core/arm/leg exercises you can incorporate with one of these. There are plenty of books out there, some videos, probably a lot of youtube type resources. You could put together a routine that was a hundred times harder than anything in 30DS.

Form is absolutely king with these things though.... if you don't engage your core properly you will a) not get the benefits from the exercises and b) possibly injure yourself! If you have good body awareness and core engagement then use some online resources and have at it. Or else a short class might be in order to show you the basics.....