Is there something wrong with my body ?

Options
Hey there, I'm new here and that's my first post. Without further ado , On May 2011 I was 68 kg . on started walking daily and on December I became 63 kg which was Okay to me. I started getting more and more involved into studying and exercised pretty rarely not like I used to . Due to some problems I had , I went into deep depression and started eating non-stop . Exams made it even worse . In march I started gaining wight . I became 65 kg . Suddenly during exams in May , I became 70kg . I don't know how! Anyways in June I started dieting and working out and I lost 2 kg to become 68 kg . now we're in September and guess what ? I'm 74 ! That's why I decided to go on a calorie constriction diet and set my goal to 1000 cal/day . I'm just so worried that it won't work out and I keep on gaining weight :(

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You are setting yourself up for failure with that calories that low. Try doing the recommended calories that MFP has for your needs for a few weeks. I bet you get some good results by just logging your foods and staying within the numbers MFP has set up for you.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Extreme LCD's (low-calorie diet) will just plain not work. They set your body up to hold onto every piece of fat that comes its way because it believes it is in starvation mode. For a month, setting it at 1,200 is okay to jump start the metabolism and the weight loss. After that, you should eat your BMR as well as exercise 2-5 times a week.

There is no fast and easy way to do this, but you can do it.

You can figure your BMR at fat2fitradio.com .
  • SkinMim
    Options
    You're right . Maybe cause I've been gaining weight recently I feel like I'm desperate to get back to my original weight. Thanks anyways :)
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm new here and that's my first post. Without further ado , On May 2011 I was 68 kg . on started walking daily and on December I became 63 kg which was Okay to me. I started getting more and more involved into studying and exercised pretty rarely not like I used to . Due to some problems I had , I went into deep depression and started eating non-stop . Exams made it even worse . In march I started gaining wight . I became 65 kg . Suddenly during exams in May , I became 70kg . I don't know how! Anyways in June I started dieting and working out and I lost 2 kg to become 68 kg . now we're in September and guess what ? I'm 74 ! That's why I decided to go on a calorie constriction diet and set my goal to 1000 cal/day . I'm just so worried that it won't work out and I keep on gaining weight :(

Please do not restrict yourself to 1,000 cal/day. Continue to train, eat at a slight deficit. Don't go on a crash diet!
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You're right . Maybe cause I've been gaining weight recently I feel like I'm desperate to get back to my original weight. Thanks anyways :)

That's a normal feeling :) You didn't gain the weight in a month, you won't lose it in a month either. Set realistic goals and you won't get disappointed - and then you won't quit. we're all here to support you!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Please do not restrict yourself to 1,000 cal/day. Continue to train, eat at a slight deficit. Don't go on a crash diet!
    I agree. Here's an article worth reading:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • SkinMim
    Options
    Aha . All of the above is so logical . And the article is a very useful one too.
    I increased my calories to 1200 cal/day and I will start walking daily like I used to.
    Thanks for your support :) Makes me feel much more better.