Carbs aren't the devil

2»

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Carbs are awesome. I eat pasta, sugar, white potato, & wheat every single day. Nom nom nom
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    I eat about 200g carbs/day but I am also choosy about them. I bought some sweet potatoes today because I had a craving for them. Go sweet potatoes.
  • I don't want to spike a flame war here, but aren't most grain-based carb sources--rice, bread, potatoes, etc.--high on the glycemic index, causing your blood sugar to spike and leading to inflammation in your body?

/not sarcastic /trying to learn /please don't flame me /thanx
  • Lina4Lina
    well potatoes aren't a grain but it depends on the product. Also, the glycemic index of an item can be lowered when eating in conjunction with other items. There is also the fact that some people are more sensitive than others. I consider myself insulin sensitive but I do fine with many grain products but I personally steer away from refined products.
  • Hmm. So, theoretically, if you ate some meat with a grain--like a sandwich or something--they would balance out in GI terms?
  • Lina4Lina
    Meat, oil, vinegar, fiber, etc. There are a few things that can do it but I don't remember the whole list.
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Dear OP, who cuts out carbs completely in their diet?
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    I totally agree! LOL I just posted something about a carb load thing that happened to me and made me ripped. Well you have to be lean enough for this to happen.

I limit my carbs somewhat, but I'm not a fan of low or no carbs. I think it makes you feel like crap and makes workouts too hard.
  • Lina4Lina
    Dear OP, who cuts out carbs completely in their diet?

Not the OP but no one does. I was just reading elsewhere on here where a few people have a goal of 10g carbs/day or less. I can't even imagine.