Weird Correlation

Options
Sooooo, after working out yesterday I still had about 1200 calories for the day. Since my friend and I had been craving pizza for DAYS we decided to order a medium thin crust veggie...I ended up eating 8 pieces with lemon bars, and later that night those new Savorings - spinach/artichoke bread bowls. Well, needless to say I didn't feel so hot when I woke up this morning but when I weighed in I was actually about 1 pound lighter!! I have no idea how to explain it but I'll just go with it! :)

I think this is a correlation that should NOT go unnoticed! haha...if only this always worked. ;)

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    It's probably where you have been good for a while, the food shocked your metabolism. This is why a cheat day every couple of weeks works wonders. :)

It'd be nice if that was the actuality of all meals though. :laugh:
  • a00link
    Options
    And this is why people shouldn't necessarily stop eating their favorite foods while dieting. I've continued to lose weight while not giving up my Taco Bell for instance. I just chose to get slightly better items and I try not to get it as much as I used to. And pizza isn't inherently a pound adder ya know? I went to Uno's two weeks ago, simply used their website to see what Pizza I should get and how much I could eat while still staying in my goals here on MFP and it had no ill consequences because I was smart about it. Good for you for losing weight while enjoying your food. Plus, if you keep exercising especially on days like that, you should have no problems making moments like this happen again, pending you plan to have another.
  • singcoz528
    Options
    Cheat days are DEFIANTLY good for your metabolism! I take one a month, sometimes 2 if I have a special day (like Christmas) They make you stay on track cuz ur looking forward to your cheat day AND they help u lose by shocking your system. When I would hit a plateau I would go off my diet for a few days and then go back on, always worked for me!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain this shocking your system concept to me? I don't understand how it works? Thanks!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain this shocking your system concept to me? I don't understand how it works? Thanks!

Basically, take a cheat day once or twice a month to eat what you want - go ahead and eat that juicy bacon cheeseburger and fries you are craving. :tongue: And go over your calorie limit.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    This process is also referred to as "zig zag" calories. The idea is that your body is kept from going into starvation mode because you give it a "shock" of more calories to keep your metabolism "guessing." Do a google search to get more details.

For myself, I have employed this strategy successfully since joiniing MFP. After my initial loss of 12 lbsthe first month., I have lost steadily 5-6 lbs. per month, and since I don't feel deprived, I can carry on as long as it take to reach my goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!