What other exercise is listed besides walk or running?

Options
auntkaren
auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
For the past few days I have been using my snow shovel in our drive. It seems it snows everyother day plus there is 2inches of ice, that I try to scrape away as it is melting little by little. But when I try to enter my exercise I only find walking to come close to it and I usualy just enter slow walk. Same as when vacuming , and house work. Same as when spring gets here there will be yard work, and back to working in the gardern. :smile: So what do you enter these activities as exercise? As slow walking?

Replies

• auntkaren
    Options
    For the past few days I have been using my snow shovel in our drive. It seems it snows everyother day plus there is 2inches of ice, that I try to scrape away as it is melting little by little. But when I try to enter my exercise I only find walking to come close to it and I usualy just enter slow walk. Same as when vacuming , and house work. Same as when spring gets here there will be yard work, and back to working in the gardern. :smile: So what do you enter these activities as exercise? As slow walking?
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    Go to www.caloriesperhour.com

You can find it and then add it to MFP
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    And, right here you can find "housework". I use it all the time, because I can't count housework as a "daily" activity. :flowerforyou:

and, another site is "calorie lab". It's great for both activities and food calories.
  • auntkaren
    Options
    Thanks I will check it out:flowerforyou:
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Google is a WONDERFUL thing! I found this website and snow shoveling is listed!!

http://www.dwlz.com/HealthyLife/healthy58.html

Check it out! :oP
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    under the exercise tab, like where you log your exercise, at the top, there's a tab called database and it lists all the exercise listed. try there, i'm pretty sure shoveling snow is on there. if it's not, maybe i found it somewhere else online and added it to mine, but anyways, try the database tab under exercise :tongue:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    When you go to the exercise tab and you have the option to enter an exercise, leave it blank and just hit search and all of the exercises that are already available will show up. If you go to another site and find a info on something not listed you can give feedback to mike and he will research it and then add it to the list!

Just hit search! :happy:
  • auntkaren
    Options
    When you go to the exercise tab and you have the option to enter an exercise, leave it blank and just hit search and all of the exercises that are already available will show up. If you go to another site and find a info on something not listed you can give feedback to mike and he will research it and then add it to the list!

Thanks:flowerforyou: I have heard Mike mentioned before.........being new I was wondering who Mike is?
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Thanks:flowerforyou: I have heard Mike mentioned before.........being new I was wondering who Mike is?
    He is the maker/founder/operator of this great site! :wink:
  • auntkaren
    Options

He is the maker/founder/operator of this great site! :wink: