Lots of Calories Left over??

Options
Hey Guys,
I'm Currently on a 2030 Calorie Diet, and I have been eating when I'm hungry, But I'm Still 1065 Calories Under my limit..

Now, I'm wondering, Is this a dangerous amount to be under by? Should I Eat more if this becomes regular? this was unconscious, not through deciding not to eat...

What do you think?
Should we be aiming to be as close to our Goal as possible, or as Far beneath it as possible?
Thanks =D

Replies

• RoosMommy01
    Options
    I've been told before to only eat when I'm hungry. Normally that is what I will do. However, everything that I read on this website says that you need to get as close to that amount as possible!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Eat up brah!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You totally should try to get as close to your target as possible. Based on your ticker, you really do not have much weight to lose at all. Having very large deficits (and remember a deficit is already baked into the base number) runs he risk of losing LBM (including muscle) which I assume you want to preserve. You may want to think about strength training of you do not already do it as it really helps with body composition. Also, make sure you get a good amount of protein. MFP settings are really low so you should aim to get much higher (general recommendation - 1g per lb of LBM or about 0.8g per lb of total body mass if you do not know your LBM).
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You totally should try to get as close to your target as possible. Based on your ticker, you really do not have much weight to lose at all. Having very large deficits (and remember a deficit is already baked into the base number) runs he risk of losing LBM (including muscle) which I assume you want to preserve. You may want to think about strength training of you do not already do it as it really helps with body composition. Also, make sure you get a good amount of protein. MFP settings are really low so you should aim to get much higher (general recommendation - 1g per lb of LBM or about 0.8g per lb of total body mass if you do not know your LBM).
    ^ What she said. All of it.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Try eating more calorie dense foods to get your calories up. Things like avocado and nuts are good. But yeah a deficit of nearly half your calorie goal is not going to be good for you!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I get that sometimes, I think it's natural when you have a large calorie allocation. You'll probably find that some days you go under by quite a bit, other days it's only a little bit and some days you'll go over. I think it's completely natural and no, I wouldn't eat just for the sake of upping your calories, but perhaps be aware of what you can do to use your calories up through the day, maybe a slightly bigger breakfast, two sandwiches instead of one for lunch, etc.