Jililan MIchaels/heavy lifting.

Options
ok, so i REALLY want to do jillian michaels ripped in 30.... buuut.. i still want to be able to go to the gym and lift heavy. anyone have any ideas on what i should do first? or if i should just hybrid it?.. or do both (and pray i won't die of DOMs) thoughts and ideas are welcomed haha

Replies

• HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Right now, I do Jillian Michael's "6-Pack in 6-Weeks Training" every other day, and then lift/weight train every other day (working out a total of 6 days a week). This is my first week of doing both together, and I am SORE. But-- I think once I get used to it, it will pay off. I say go for it and see how you feel. Good luck!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You should lift heavy regardless whether you are trying to lean down or gain muscle mass. But what are your goals and starting stats - weight, body fat%, etc?
  • fuelingit
    Options
    thanks for your input :)

i'm not exact on my body fat, i haven't had that tested in almost a year now. 5'9, 149lb. i've taken a break from lifting though because i'm home for the summer (i'm a student) and the gym here is not worth $60 a month... broken lat pull down machine, leg extension machine, amongst other things.. they don't get fixed. i just didn't feel it was worth the money, and since i'm a student that 120 dollars willl help. also doing the insanity program so i figured i'd just stick with that, then go back to lifting heavy when i go back to uni. goal is to lose fat, maintain muscle. when i go back into lifting heavy again it'll be lose fat, gain muscle haha.