my workouts

Options
I have been doing it everyday either at gym or home doing the wii fit and biggest loser am I over doing it? I feel great but not sure I need to take day off curious to hear what everyone else's schedules are like.

Replies

• fortiter00
    fortiter00 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I went to the Dr. on Friday and voiced my concerns about not losing weight at the pace I expected. She told me it sounded like I was doing everything right, but that maybe I needed to incorporate a rest day. At present I do 6 days on and 1 off, she suggested possibly increasing the intensity or length of the workouts on other days, so I get the same amount of exercise, and possibly adding an additional rest day. She said our bodies sometimes need that recovery time in order to remain efficient.

I decided to stick it out another week or two before I actually add a second rest day, but am going to make sure that in the meantime I try to workout at the same time everyday (rather than when I can fit it in), and also that my rest day is consistent as well. FYI, I started the workout program I am on 3 weeks ago. Just an idea, hope it helps.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I just took two rest days and will be running my first 5K race today. :smile: Some weeks I don't take a rest day at all. I just listen to my body to see how it's feeling - if I feel really worn out, I will take one or two. Why I took two this week is because my shins were bothering me from a pair of shoes that weren't giving me enough support. So, I took a break to let them heal up for race day today. :smile:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies I think going to start taking sundays off and just work out the rest of the days :)
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I know alot of people like to work out everyday or only have one rest day. I take both Saturday and Sunday as rest days. I will take my dog for a walk but that's all. I keep a regular exercise schedule Monday-Friday and so far it's kept me motivated. While I enjoy exercise and the benefits of it I don't love it, so I need the break to keep me from burning out.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,658 Member
    Options
    I was working out six days a week and taking Sunday as a rest day, but now I'm working out five days and then taking a rest day. It's kind of fun to have a rotating rest day. Keeps it more interesting! Plus I get to rest a little more frequently without going so far as taking two rest days a week. Anyway, I'm liking this way of doing it for now.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I have to take rest days because i am so sore. I do cardio and weight training 3-4 days a week my body craves the rest day. But just because its a rest day doesn't mean you don't have to do anything you can still do cardio or even take a walk.

Rest day for me means no strength training.

just listen to your body.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Got to mix in a couple of rest days. In fact, I've noticed a lot of times that when i do lose inches off my body...it occurs after a rest day or two.
  • naeemahs
    Options
    Hi I just signed up for this site and it is wonderful and wish i've known about this in the past. Anyway so far so good I worked out 6 times this week the computer estimates if I keep this up I will lost 23 ibs in 5 weeks so I hope they are right. My calories are in a not high enough that I am consuming lose 2 lbs per week and exercise 4 times a week. I am exercising 6 times with weight training after 30 min of cardio. Wish me the same sucess you guys have or better or at least what the computer application says I will have!!