How many on your fl are true, deep, friends?

Options
Friends that won't delete you? Would carry their friendship into the real world? Would invite you to meet their family? Would show up in you darkest hour? We are lucky when some of our fl crosses over from the superficial to the real friend realm. How many do you have?

Replies

• justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I think I know three in real life... I have only recently started adding to my fl so I am not sure how many will become good friends...

hopefully many
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I can think of three that I trust implicitly. Four if you count my husband...but he never engages in the social aspect of MFP so he doesn't "count." :laugh:
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    0. Well, my SIL is on here but I wouldn't count her as she is family and they're obligated LOL. But other than that, 0. A few have offered to meet if we're ever in the same part of the world, but honestly it's a bit hard when you get on better with others in differing countries LOL
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I feel that way about a couple on my list. I look forward to their updates, I genuinely get excited about their successes and feel for them when they fall.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    3. I KNOW for a fact they would be there for me no matter what. 4 if you count my best friend off line but I already know she would be there no matter what.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    None.
    There are lots of lovely people on there, but they are Internet contacts not "friends".
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    one
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    None. A couple I like more than the rest for various reasons, but no one I couldn't live without.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    None.
    There are lots of lovely people on there, but they are Internet contacts not "friends".

wow. reeeeaaallll nice.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Thought I had one but I think none, No one on here is obligated by friendship or loyalty to me so... with this I stand alone!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I am fortunate enough to have about a half-dozen that I would consider real friends. I have no doubt there could be more, we just haven't made that connection yet.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    SO many! I have a lot of people on my fl that I would love to meet, hang out with, and be real life friends.

Met some really amazing people here
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends on my list that I actually have known for years off of other websites and I would for sure have them meet my family and be there for them. No doubt.

There are probably.. 4 that are not from other sites that I would meet in real life and would let them met my parents, why not.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    None but I am on MFP to encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle. That is my goal!!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Loads! At least a dozen I'd love to meet and continue a meaningful relationship with in person. Several I have already met and our friendships have transitioned wonderfully :bigsmile: This community is definitely a very real part of my life.

Judge away, if you like.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have three. They know who they are and they know how important they are to me.

Don't get me wrong though. There are A LOT of amazing people on my FL. I just don't let many people into my life beyond being an acquaintance.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Haha... I'm not good with social things. Having too many friends I'd feel pressured to comment on all their stuff and eventually I'd start avoiding the website. I've tried to get over it but my brain just can't balance all the people. I don't really have good friends IRL either but that's how I've always been.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    One...maybe.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have a three. One I've met, the other two I'd give limbs to meet.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    deleting people is against my religion.