Has anyone used Body by Vi?

Options
I want to try Body By Vi. My friend gave me 2 things of the shake mix. Has anyone tried and? If so, how much did you lose?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    This would be an excellent opportunity to learn about the "search" function. There are many old threads on this.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    That depends

What do you want to get out of it? If you add in the shakes, but keep your calorie goal the same you will lose no more weight. It wont make a difference

I suggest eating whole real food and skip the soy shakes
  • rjhealth
    Options
    OMG! I love this stuff! I lost 45lbs & I feel great.

There are some people totally against Visalus shakes and they are entitled to their opinion. I had people giving me a hard time for using the shakes, I just figured if they were that bad then I'm sure the government would step in. They are way better then fast food & really cheap, only $2 per day. Oh & I love the taste of them! I hated protein shakes & I tried this & was sold instantly.
  • sebrantley25
    Options
    The Vi shakes taste wonderful, once you add a bunch of other stuff to them. Adding other ingredients changes the nutritional values claimed by ViSalus. I have been using SixStar Protein Plus ($19) for breakfast replacement for 4 weeks. I've noticed a gain in energy and not a lot of loss in pounds, but I've been starting slowly on my exercise. As my exercise increases in duration and activity, I expect to see the pounds decrease. The SixStar has 30g of protein per scoop and the cost per shake (minus all the additives like fruit, milk, etc) is about 70 cents less than the ViSalus product. From a guy's point of view, whey protein is better than soy protein as soy mimics estrogen when introduced to the body.
  • Swizzle1986
    Options
    The shakes are good, but expensive. They taste delicious!
    I personally use the shake for breakfast as it is one of the only things that keeps me completely full until lunch. But i dont use them religiously and a package usually lasts me 2 months.
    That being said i think its more important to teach yourself healthy eating habits than to replace meals with this shake.
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am doing the shakes right now - I also got the mix from a friend. I was only doing a morning shake up until mid last week and have now converted to doing shakes for breakfast & lunch. I have found 5 'recipes' that are really good and I just keep alternating them. Am currently starting my 4th week on MFP and was down 8.8 lbs as of Saturday.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I have not used it. I think they are overpriced and I strongly dislike MLM businesses. They use awful sales tactics.

But that's all I feel free to say. Many users here are Body By Vi salespeople who report anyone saying anything bad about the product they're trying to push here. They're not allowed to according to site rules, but for some reason that gets looked over.

Say a negative word about their precious shakes however and don't be surprised to earn a strike. I sure did.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on that crap and take the time to learn about nutrition and how to change your life for the long haul, not an easy overpriced quick fix that will end up costing you a lot of money and time! If you want to be on BBV, make sure it's for the rest of your life!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I want to try Body By Vi.
    Do some research and I doubt you'll want to after reading about it.
    My friend gave me 2 things of the shake mix.
    Let me guess; your friend is selling the product or has another friend who is?[/quote]
    Has anyone tried and? If so, how much did you lose?
    Plenty of people have tried it. Wasted money, lost weight, gained it all back.
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I was tempted to try it, but it's too expensive for me and I don't like automatic payments coming out of my bank account either. I do my own version of Body by Vi which I just started a few days ago. I have a protein shake for breakfast, eat a meal for lunch (I do Insanity 2-4 days a week around 3pm), then a protein shake after the workout, and another protein shake for dinner. I make sure I take my multivitamin as well. I think this should work the same so I'll see.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit is much cheaper that Visalus.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I have not used it. I think they are overpriced and I strongly dislike MLM businesses. They use awful sales tactics.

But that's all I feel free to say. Many users here are Body By Vi salespeople who report anyone saying anything bad about the product they're trying to push here. They're not allowed to according to site rules, but for some reason that gets looked over.

Say a negative word about their precious shakes however and don't be surprised to earn a strike. I sure did.

I question any product sold via mlm. It's a great way to alienate friends and buy overpriced stuff. Says the woman who feels obligated to go to a Pampered Chef party in 2 weeks. Sigh. I do need a double boiler and have had a hard time trying to find one, so that's the only reason I'm going.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I use it. I have lost 27 pounds in the last 3 months. But, that being said, I believe that most of that has been from counting my calories in general. It could be that it has helped with the inches lost around my mid-section, as it is supposed to do; but I don't know that for sure. I'm up in the air on it. It is a soy product, and I am hypo-thyroid; and I have just read somewhere that people with thyroid problems should not be taking in soy products, so I'm not sure if I'll continue using it. Also from what I understand, our bodies don't naturally know what to do with soy, so it's harder for our bodies to process it and I have noticed differences there.

There are ups and downs. You choose.
  • Manuel_B
    Options
    Ive use it and loved it ! ... Its really not expensive for me ( I got free product as a customer because I refered 3 persons that took the same Kit as me) If not free, its less than 3$ a meal !!! So I dont understand people saying it to much expensive ?!?

If it help me, it can help you !!! ;)
  • mrsmilander
    Options
    The Vi shakes taste wonderful, once you add a bunch of other stuff to them. Adding other ingredients changes the nutritional values claimed by ViSalus. I have been using SixStar Protein Plus ($19) for breakfast replacement for 4 weeks. I've noticed a gain in energy and not a lot of loss in pounds, but I've been starting slowly on my exercise. As my exercise increases in duration and activity, I expect to see the pounds decrease. The SixStar has 30g of protein per scoop and the cost per shake (minus all the additives like fruit, milk, etc) is about 70 cents less than the ViSalus product. From a guy's point of view, whey protein is better than soy protein as soy mimics estrogen when introduced to the body.

You should really do your research. The ISO's are removed from the soy in the shake mix. The shakes taste awesome just plain but when you add fruit, yogurt or use almond milk, it becomes a meal replacement. I've gained a ton of energy, no longer have to take anti-depressants or anxiety medications, and I've lost 11lb and over 20in. More protein is not needed as if you use two shakes as two meal replacements, you'll get the remaining recommended daily protein in snacks and your 3rd meal for the day. Another thing is I've personally dealt with UTIs weekly and ever since starting the shakes, I haven't had a single one. I think they are beneficial when used correctly.
  • mrsmilander
    Options

First, they are promoters of a great product. I know some however do sell but the company is about promoting a product not necessarily soliciting others. I used to be a promoter. However, decided to continue with another company that I've been doing longer because I make more money. I did lose weight on the product and I have not gained back because I continued eating healthy and watching what I eat.
  • sebrantley25
    Options
    Ive use it and loved it ! ... Its really not expensive for me ( I got free product as a customer because I refered 3 persons that took the same Kit as me) Free product available for every body !! :) If not free, its less than 3$ a meal !!! So I dont understand people saying it to much expensive ?!?

If it help me, it can help you !!! ;)

Manuel, if those 3 people don't continue to buy it, yours isn't free anymore. Also, since it is MLM, you aren't really selling the shakes, you're selling a sales position.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Two things about Body by Vi:
    1) It's expensive for something you can easily make yourself.
    2) It doesn't teach you how to maintain your weight loss after going off the shakes.

So, if you have money to spend and are willing to put in the effort to learn how to lose/maintain weight without the shakes, go for it.
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    oh, look at the spam - the posters putting positive spin on this have 1, 1 and 5 posts.

...trend continues....

Nice. I guess those of us who don't post on every message board multiple times a day (didn't know the purpose of MFP was a contest to see how many posts you have) should keep our mouths shut because our opinions don't matter.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    oh, look at the spam - the posters putting positive spin on this have 1, 1 and 5 posts.

...trend continues....

Nice. I guess those of us who don't post on every message board multiple times a day (didn't know the purpose of MFP was a contest to see how many posts you have) should keep our mouths shut because our opinions don't matter.

That wasn't his point. The point is that these MLM companies often have people create fake/shell accounts on fitness/diet forums in order to help sell the product. Usually, you can spot them by the fact that they don't have many posts, what they do post is about the product, no profile picture, and a recent start date.

It has nothing to do with actual MFP users who are offering an opinion.