6 months in - 55lbs lost. Not bad for a 64yr old!!

Options

Replies

• otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastically well Barbara. I just turned 60 and am on the same journey that you are. My exercise is primarily walking, but I joined Planet Fitness a couple of weeks ago in anticiaption of it getting too dark and or cold to walk (based on my working hours) as winter approaches. I seem to be dropping weight very slowly (.5-1 lb,) per week. I have lost some inches and seen a bit of muscle since joining the gym. Keep on doing what you're doing. Would you like another friend?
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awww, thanks for all your kind words - I am blown away!! I'm sticking to around 1100-1200 calories a day, and its working for me!! Its been a tough week, I am leaving my partner I just ain't told him yet. I need to get everything in place before I do it so my mind is not really on losing weight but I am still trying my darndest not to lose momentum... So many scary changes are around the corner. Good job I'm a woman eh???

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good job! I'm so proud of you! Your inspiring! Age shouldn't stop anyone from achieving their goal! And you never gave up...even despite that month long plateau you kept at it!!! you deserve GREATNESS!!! I love this!!! :heart:
  • betsymill
    Options
    What a wonderful achievement!! Congratulations!
  • fsparks123
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • ANN03D
    Options
    i just started this morning, you are a inspiration. i just had a healthy breakfast. starting my journey now. keep up the good work
  • PamelaJJWL
    Options
    Congratulations....
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • prayerseeker
    prayerseeker Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Barbara, do you have any before and after pics? Would love to see them...this journey is so hard! You inspire my weak self!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Great job! I walked the first 8-9 months and managed to lose around 70-75 lbs. Its nice to see another person do the same thing. I have yet to join a gym but wish I could. Wish you continued success!

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • Hibiscus1984
    Options
    It is never too late to make a change in your life! Great work!
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    AWESOME BARBARA!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am also 64. I believed that I would remain overweight on the edge of obese for the rest of my life. The task seemed overwhelming and impossible. Now I know it can be done. It is people like you, willing to share their story, that made me believe. Thank you
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, congrats! I too want to lose around 50 - 55lbs, and I'm only 20.. So you're a huge inspiration! :) Best of luck with the rest of your journey!
  • Pamwilllose
    Pamwilllose Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job =)
  • kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great attitude and congratulations!! :flowerforyou: Keep it up!!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations :)
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Great job, and awesome attitude about it. Congratulations on the sucess
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Awww, thanks for all your kind words - I am blown away!! I'm sticking to around 1100-1200 calories a day, and its working for me!! Its been a tough week, I am leaving my partner I just ain't told him yet. I need to get everything in place before I do it so my mind is not really on losing weight but I am still trying my darndest not to lose momentum... So many scary changes are around the corner. Good job I'm a woman eh???

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

It sounds like you are in for some difficult times if you are leaving your partner. I hope that it goes as smoothly as can be expected and that you are successful getting the practical things in place before you leave. Hopefully, you know where you will go if you are the one doing the leaving. I also am eating around 1200 calories a day, although I generally eat back about half the calories that MFP credits me with when I walk/exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!