just a rant

Options
kosher40
kosher40 Posts: 9 Member
its so hard to stick to this when you have no sleep! i have a 4 month old who so far has only given me 1 nights sleep...and last night wasnt it....he woke as normal for his midnight feed, which hubby took...but then he woke at 2.30, 3.30, 4.30 & 5.30am!!! by which point i couldnt cope anymore and made the hubs take over. so now im beyond tired....need more food for extra energy and cant even begin to imagine doing any exercise! oh....and i have another 3 kids who need my constant attention....its just never ending and exhausting....i want my body back but i just dont see how its possible.

rant over x thank you for listening x

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Sleep is vital to weight loss and muscle repair. You should try and work it out a system with your husband, I think. And if you need extra energy... Lo-Carb Monster Energy is only 9 calories per 100ml. It helps :P
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you. Its so difficult in the beginning. Maybe try and work out a system with your husband. I used to go to bed around 9p.m and my husband would do any feed before 12midnight. I'd do the feeds from then till 6a.m. It meant we at least got a run of good quality sleep each. Have you tried dream feeding your baby at midnight to help him/her sleep longer during the night?

Hope it gets better soon x
  • Jers43
    Jers43 Posts: 100
    Options
    We've been there! It is so hard with a bunch of littles , you need the food to make up for the lack of sleep and forget about workouts .. you're lucky to make it through the day! You already know it gets better. I have nothing to say that would help other than we are all here for you online any how. We only have three littles the youngest are 1.5 yrs apart that was a tough couple years! Hang in there!
  • desirae1976
    desirae1976 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have six kids, the youngest is 9 months old; so I definitely feel your pain! I keep reminding myself that being healthy and fit is a lifelong journey. We won't eat perfectly or exercise perfectly, but we make better choices on a regular basis. These seemingly small choices will add up to HUGE results.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey, do I ever understand! I agree with trying to work out a system with your husband during this time.
    In the meantime...I've gotten through those sleepless baby nights by just doing a "warm up" on the days I thought I was going to drop from exhaustion. That warm-up *usually* gave me a little shot of much-needed energy and made things seem less overwhelming. If after the warm-up I felt like doing a little more, great. If I didn't feel like I could do any more, I didn't. But it kept me in the habit of daily exercise. Then later when I had more rest and energy and could do more, I did, and it was easier than trying to start all over again.
    It's OK to go into "survival mode" when you need to. Hang in there. It gets easier.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Normally I tell everyone when there is a will, there is a way and all of us are pressed for time but we mange. For you, I change my advice. Focus on healthy eating and rest. Your body needs that more at this point. Your diet is 80% of the process anyway. Later down the road, when you are sleeping, then add in some light exercise and build from there.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old, and a 2 year old. Hubby wakes up with the 3 month old, but now she usually she sleeps through the night. It definitely helps!