MFP peeves and light weight RANT...Sounding OFF!!!

Options
:explode: :mad:
Okay, I would like to start this RANT off with I need to get this off my chest...I can't stand when I log on MFP and I see the drama queens and kings complaining about the small losses or small gains ( I lost ONLY .4 pounds :cry: waaaaah :sad: ) Now don't get me wrong...I want to support folks on here, but I can't stand to constantly see the negativity...If you become a more positive person in regards to your weight loss...maybe you'll see positive results. It's common sense! Sometimes we are OUR worst critics...the way you see your accomplishments and goals being met...is not the way EVERYONE see them...:bigsmile:
Give us a break...take responsibility for some of the choices you make...starting with your NEGATIVE outlook on YOUR life! I don't mind cheering you on TO DO BETTER...but I refuse to support a DRAMA QUEEN or KING!!!!:huh:
End of RANT!!! :mad:
Have a BLESSED DAY :flowerforyou:

Replies

• perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Such a positive message. Nothing negative there at all.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    So.... you're complaining because people are too negative??
    Um.
    OK.
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Um.
    OK.

***YES...I am! I needed to rant about peoples NEGATIVE outlooks on their CHOICES! I don't feel I am being NEGATIVE at all...but I'm sure this post will get DRAMA QUEENS and KINGS opinions...:ohwell:
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options
    Such a positive message. Nothing negative there at all.

***I'm sure this is sarcasm...Please tell me you've never logged on to see these very people...looking for ATTENTION by BEING NEGATIVE...? or is it just me???:huh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I understand the irony of complaining about complainers... but I completely agree too.

If someone's not seeing progress, they're not looking hard enough. The scale might not always do what you want it to do, but there's so many other methods of tracking progress. Fitness goals like lifting heavier or running further/faster, how clothes fit, measurements, the changes in progress photos, little lifestyle changes like choosing to eat an orange over a candy bar, not huffing and puffing after carrying a load of laundry upstairs, bringing in all the groceries in one trip, etc.

Motivation has to come from within. It's not going to jump out and grab you. You have to find it.
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Um.
    OK.

***YES...I am! I needed to rant about peoples NEGATIVE outlooks on their CHOICES! I don't feel I am being NEGATIVE at all...but I'm sure this post will get DRAMA QUEENS and KINGS opinions...:ohwell:

I hope getting this off your chest made you feel better.
    I always enjoy seeing a complaint about negativity and drama queens full of SHOUTING - which makes it look both dramatic and negative. Thanks for the giggle!
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options
    I understand the irony of complaining about complainers... but I completely agree too.

If someone's not seeing progress, they're not looking hard enough. The scale might not always do what you want it to do, but there's so many other methods of tracking progress. Fitness goals like lifting heavier or running further/faster, how clothes fit, measurements, the changes in progress photos, little lifestyle changes like choosing to eat an orange over a candy bar, not huffing and puffing after carrying a load of laundry upstairs, bringing in all the groceries in one trip, etc.

Motivation has to come from within. It's not going to jump out and grab you. You have to find it.

****AMEN!!! I agree totally with you...and in order to see results sometimes we have to push ourselves beyond that "comfort zone" ! It may cause you to curse and swear and cry and yell and holler, but guess what? Your PUSHING YOUR OWN LIMITS! I'm not ranting about these types of people...I'm ranting about folks that use NEGATIVE posts to get attention...they're always negative...nothing positive ever being posted...I may need to do some inventory cause it can possibly rub off on me...I want to look at MY journey in a positive way...:wink:
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options
    Um.
    OK.

I hope getting this off your chest made you feel better.
    I always enjoy seeing a complaint about negativity and drama queens full of SHOUTING - which makes it look both dramatic and negative. Thanks for the giggle!

***Your welcome! I'm happy to be able to give you a morning chuckle...:bigsmile:
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Edit: apologies for putting my reply in the middle of the quote (the sentence starting with "by the way"). Editing is not easy on my iPhone.

By the way, in spite of poking fun at your post, I do agree with the spirit of it.

****AMEN!!! I agree totally with you...and in order to see results sometimes we have to push ourselves beyond that "comfort zone" ! It may cause you to curse and swear and cry and yell and holler, but guess what? Your PUSHING YOUR OWN LIMITS! I'm not ranting about these types of people...I'm ranting about folks that use NEGATIVE posts to get attention...they're always negative...nothing positive ever being posted...I may need to do some inventory cause it can possibly rub off on me...I want to look at MY journey in a positive way...:wink:
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options
    @ Ruby...thanks! It is ironic...that I'm ranting about NEGATIVITY...but hey...:huh:
  • Pebble321
    Options
    ***Your welcome! I'm happy to be able to give you a morning chuckle...:bigsmile:

It's night time here, so it's a "going to bed" chuckle but that's good too!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Calm your farm.

But yes I agree, I would love to lose even a little bit!
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options

It's night time here, so it's a "going to bed" chuckle but that's good too!

What part of this wonderful planet are you from?
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options
    Calm your farm.

But yes I agree, I would love to lose even a little bit!

***I agree...I appreciate all my small goals being reached...I try not to look at any gains as a negative either...I just take it as a lesson learned and attempt to do something different. In order to change me I have to get out of my comfort zone...I can't sit on my couch stuffing greasy chips and donuts down my throat complaining about gaining 20 lbs...I have to get up move around and find healhier eating habits with in myself! Thanks for your response!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    hahahaha I had a laugh cause I was thinking something similar today, but about facebook.
    I have some really sooky friends on my list, think it's time to block them or something.
    I'm sick of going through my newsfeed and seeing the same people whinging all the time, whinging about anything and everything, I felt like putting a status up but I thought that would be too ironic I'm doing a whinging post about people whinging hahaha
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    I had a friend here who was like that. No matter what I or any of her other friends said to her she always put herself down and dogged her weight loss efforts. I thought she was pretty successful, she'd lost several pounds and looked great.

I felt badly for her, and wished her the best, but after a while her constant posts (several a day) about how awful her life and weight loss efforts were got to be too much. She never saw a silver lining, and as much as I hated to think it, I began to wonder if her constant complaints were really just for attention. So I stopped reading her posts. Her posts would take up several spaces in my feed, so I deleted them. Eventually she left the site, and I hope wherever she is, she experiences success.

On the other hand, I do understand how frustrating losing weight can be, which is why when I see folks complaining I don't typically take it to heart. Unless someone's complaints are like the person I mentioned above, I think it's pretty normal to complain about this because it's hard. Sometimes it's even embarrassing - like when you workout everyday, eat right, and lose .8 or .4 or .2.

I'm an eternal optimist, and I understand that not everyone can look at those low numbers and think - "Hey, something's better than nothing" (like I do), so I don't get upset by their complaints. I think that it's all about the natural ebb and flow of the weight loss process. That same person who is a Debbie Downer today will be tomorrow's Judy Joyful.
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    "Hey, something's better than nothing"

I agree, any loss is better than a gain IMO
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    It's probably the cortisol holding them back from worrying so much.
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options
    hahahaha I had a laugh cause I was thinking something similar today, but about facebook.
    I have some really sooky friends on my list, think it's time to block them or something.
    I'm sick of going through my newsfeed and seeing the same people whinging all the time, whinging about anything and everything, I felt like putting a status up but I thought that would be too ironic I'm doing a whinging post about people whinging hahaha

LOL..yes...its crazy to complain about complainers...I wanted to see if folks felt like me...lol
    Thanks for posting!:smooched:
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options
    I had a friend here who was like that. No matter what I or any of her other friends said to her she always put herself down and dogged her weight loss efforts. I thought she was pretty successful, she'd lost several pounds and looked great.

I felt badly for her, and wished her the best, but after a while her constant posts (several a day) about how awful her life and weight loss efforts were got to be too much. She never saw a silver lining, and as much as I hated to think it, I began to wonder if her constant complaints were really just for attention. So I stopped reading her posts. Her posts would take up several spaces in my feed, so I deleted them. Eventually she left the site, and I hope wherever she is, she experiences success.

On the other hand, I do understand how frustrating losing weight can be, which is why when I see folks complaining I don't typically take it to heart. Unless someone's complaints are like the person I mentioned above, I think it's pretty normal to complain about this because it's hard. Sometimes it's even embarrassing - like when you workout everyday, eat right, and lose .8 or .4 or .2.

I'm an eternal optimist, and I understand that not everyone can look at those low numbers and think - "Hey, something's better than nothing" (like I do), so I don't get upset by their complaints. I think that it's all about the natural ebb and flow of the weight loss process. That same person who is a Debbie Downer today will be tomorrow's Judy Joyful.

** I'm with you all they way!!! I try to see the POSITIVE in it all...it's a journey...nobody said it would be easy!:heart:
    Thanks for your response!