The Quickest, Easiest 5 Calorie Chips In The Universe

Options
finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
"Chelle, you've posted about cutting up and baking 40 calorie corn tortillas into delicious low calorie chips-- and they really did taste great-- but I don't have the patience to heat up the oven and spray a cookie sheet and all that. Do you have any better ideas?"

Yes, actually!

Did you know that they'll turn out just as good if you cook them, on 'medium', in a lightly sprayed frying pan?"

"I think I saw that, Chelle, but you're not getting it. When I snack I don't want to have to work for it. Unless you've got something better-- something easier-- then I've got a date with Frito-Lay."

I can't let you do that.

What if I gave you a microwave recipe?

Would that help?

"Now you're speaking my language, Chelle! Woo hoo! Bring it on, girl!"

Okay-- you're going to need two ingredients:

1) 40 calorie tortillas
2) 0 calorie cooking spray

Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut one tortilla into 8 pieces:

tumblr_m9q7fkGOp21qeupem.jpg

Then LIGHTLY spray it with cooking spray and place it in the microwave:

tumblr_m9q7gfnR4z1qeupem.jpg

Cook it until it's slightly browned. In my microwave it takes 95 seconds. (Your mileage may vary.)

tumblr_m9q7h7TNyX1qeupem.jpg

Remove from microwave.

"Blech, yuck, argh, pftooey, those taste terrible, Chelle! What are you trying to do to me?

Did I say you could eat them, yet? Did you hear me say, "Simon says, 'Eat the chips?'"

"Ummm..., no, now that you mention it."

You need to let them set for a minute or two to crisp up-- otherwise they'll taste stale.

"I've got chips sitting right in front of my face and I have to STARE at them for two minutes? Do you enjoy torturing me or something?"

Try to focus-- okay?

Once they're crisp, salt or season them to taste-- and enjoy!

"Hey-- these are pretty durn good! I don't want to have to keep running back and forth to the microwave, though, just to get 8 more chips."

You're pretty tough to please, aren't you?

I give you permission to put your bowl of salsa on top of the microwave so that you can eat them without having to burn any extra calories walking back and forth.

"I think you're finally beginning to understand me. That's a beautiful thing, you know. Thank you, Chelle."

Whatever. Go eat your chips.

-talkstoherselfalotchelle

Replies