Why?????????

Options
I have weighed myself today, after no loss for a week, only to find that I have GAINED 4lbs since last Saturday????????????

It's not muscle gain as I only do CV excercise, so whats happening?

Feeling a little disgruntled about this, especially as I leave for Orlando on Friday 7th for a holiday (vacation) and I KNOW I will slip a little whilst there, although the friends I am staying with have promised to keep me on track with good healthy home cooking.

Widdy:grumble:

Replies

• Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself today, after no loss for a week, only to find that I have GAINED 4lbs since last Saturday????????????

It's not muscle gain as I only do CV excercise, so whats happening?

Feeling a little disgruntled about this, especially as I leave for Orlando on Friday 7th for a holiday (vacation) and I KNOW I will slip a little whilst there, although the friends I am staying with have promised to keep me on track with good healthy home cooking.

Widdy:grumble:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You do build a little muscle from cardio, but you are definitely burning fat. You may need to adjust your calories and make sure you are drinking plenty of water!
  • julierose
    julierose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem and I'm beginning to get discouraged as well. I feel like I've given up so many of my favorite foods and haven't been enjoying eating nearly as much as I used to, only to see no results.
    I know this post doesn't help, but I thought I'd let you know that you are not alone...
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    don't get discouraged. You can do it. Don't think you CAN'T eat something because that makes you want it more. I LOVE onion rings!!! I just started this program a month ago and lost 11 lbs and I ate onion rings. I found it easy to plan my meals in the morning so I don't run out by the end of the day. That has really helped me not go over. Also I go to the gym every day for 50 minutes. I do CV also. I am getting married in Nov and I have the picture of the wedding dress I want all over the house to keep me on track. WIDDY try putting picture of oceans or something all over to get you motivated.

YOU GUYS CAN LOSE IF YOU GIVE UP!! KEEP GOING IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!

GOOD LUCK
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? The measuring tape will let you know how much progress you are making.
    Don't worry so much about the scales. Our weight can be off due to so many things.
    I actually weighed two pounds more this morning than I did yesterday. But, I don't care. I know that I didn't go over my calories yesterday, and I did my workouts. So there's nothing to be concerned about.
  • littleredtomato66
    Options
    hi there....one of the problems is that we are so worried about that number on the scale. That's fine when it's going down, not so fine when it goes up or stays the same.

I have been on so many diets, this time, I am making a lifestyle change so I am not depriving myself, but making changes I can stick with.

Anyway, about your weight....I remember when I was with Weight Watchers, the men had to consume a lot of food to lose weight but, when they lost, man, they lost fast. If you are truly keeping track of the food you eat, you should see if you need to eat more. Someone once described our metabolism as being like a fire. In order to make it burn hotter and brighter, you have to feed it. Our bodies are like that too, we just have to eat the right foods.

The other problem is that our home scales aren't the best, and we weigh ourselves too frequently. Try using the one at your doctor's office and only do it once a week at the most.

Good luck to you, have a fabulous vacation. Be proud of yourself for exercising no matter what the scale says. You are healthier because of it.
  • littleredtomato66
    Options
    Hey there...just thought Id give you some encouragement. It's not really the best idea to give up foods you love, just try to treat yourself once in a while and have smaller portions. For me, I feel like I am completely addicted to potato chips so, I am not buying them anymore but, if I have a really bad craving, I will let myself eat a small bag (single serving) instead of eating a whole jumbo bag to myself!!!! You can do it.....see if you can get in some walking. That's what I need to do!
  • Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouragement.

I am feeling much better about myself now and I have already lost 15lbs so what if I had a little blip.

Thanks again and LOOK OUT ORLANDO (well Lakeland to be exact)

Widdy
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    I think you may be trimmer and your measurements may be smaller....you may have gained muscle which weighs more. Not to worry. I bet you're trimmer than you realize. Enjoy your vacation! :drinker: