Didn't eat all my cals

Options
kiffypooh
kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
Hello, I'm new and yesterday was my first day. Although I've been doing Weight Watchers for the past year I was kind of feeling out the Cal thing vs. points thing yesterday. A breakfast date flaked on me and I ended up with a bunch of cals left over yesterday (not something I normally do, I like to eat all that I am supposed to). I wasn't very hungry yesterday in general but tonight I am pretty hungry. Can I eat the cals left over from yesterday today? I know with WW (only successful weight loss plan I've been on so far, so I look at all food in points, cals throw me off a little bit) I could "bank" points and had "flex points" but I'm not sure if that is really a healthy way to do it or not. I'm basically asking if I eat tonight will that reduce the amount I will lose when I weight Friday. I have a goal I want to meet and I'm not so hungry that I'm willing to mess that up. Sorry so scattered and thank you :happy:

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    bump:wink:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If you eat yesterday's leftover calories today, your deficit at the end of the week will be the same- therefore the same amount of weight loss. :)
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat! its not healthy to ignore what you're body is telling you.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well, since the calories overall equal a certain amount for the week (1lb loss is a deficit of 3500 for the week), then I don't see why not in allowing yourself extra today since you didn't use those calories yesterday. :smile: In theory, it shouldn't effect your weight loss.

Sometimes the body doesn't respond like theory though. For instance, I am eating / exercising to lose 1lb a week. Some weeks I have lost up to three pounds magically.. but then it slows down again for a few weeks. :smile: I hope this helped somewhat.
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Well, since the calories overall equal a certain amount for the week (1lb loss is a deficit of 3500 for the week), then I don't see why not in allowing yourself extra today since you didn't use those calories yesterday. :smile: In theory, it shouldn't effect your weight loss.

Sometimes the body doesn't respond like theory though. For instance, I am eating / exercising to lose 1lb a week. Some weeks I have lost up to three pounds magically.. but then it slows down again for a few weeks. :smile: I hope this helped somewhat.

I am so glad to hear that happens to someone else too! I'm losing on average 1.5 lbs/week, but some weeks I lose nothing, and the next week I'm down 3 lbs. within a couple days...so weird lol
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    I treat each day individually, so I don't bank calories (or deny myself calories if I go over), but I suppose if it averages out over the week, it probably doesn't matter which way you do it.

Welcome to MFP! :smile:

Jill
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the input, that helped a lot. I'm happy I joined MFP!!!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I joined too! Lots of great tools and even better people! :heart: