I've still got pounds to go, but . . .

Options
I was feeling really good about the fact that I'd lost 18 pounds, then glanced in a passing mirror last night and feel depressed that I'm still not there yet. So a a reminder of what I HAVE accomplished . . .

All my clothes fit again!
My husband and father both told me I look gorgeous
I had to try on six belts last night before I found one that fit because they were all too big
I'm at my lowest (non-breastfeeding) weight for almost twenty years and hit the goal I set for myself when I joined MFP in May
I log every single day, have gone under on calories and over on exercise every single week and really have lost a pound a week
I'm in the healthy BMI range
I can now easily walk at 4-5 mph for an hour
I am not ready to quit yet

(And yeah, I now see I should lose another 20 pounds)

What are you happy about?

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    This is exactly the right attitude. Look how far you've come as well as where you want to go! The only other thing I'd say is don't get too hung up on the scale number. I don't know your workout routine but does it include strength training? If so, I might change my goals to inches and body shape related ones. Those last 10 to 15 lbs can be slow going and it can be a hard road to have the scale be your point of validation.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Actually, my weight loss is speeding up, not slowing down. It's not the scale - it's the mirror that gets me down.

I'm 5'10 - and yes, I used to jog that slowly. But my walking pace has picked up. I really like those fitness apps that track your speed/calories. Only down side is that I now walk too fast for my husband. We do a short circuit together and then I have to take off on my own.
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    This is exactly the right attitude. Look how far you've come as well as where you want to go! The only other thing I'd say is don't get too hung up on the scale number. I don't know your workout routine but does it include strength training? If so, I might change my goals to inches and body shape related ones. Those last 10 to 15 lbs can be slow going and it can be a hard road to have the scale be your point of validation.

I was wondering the same thing! I am 5'4 and thats my jogging pace ha!
    Way to go..losing weight is a battle but you are doing great :)
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    thats great, i love the NSV's lot better then the scale it self or the mirrow.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I am happy to have lost 20 pounds and my stomach looks a lot flatter! =)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Actually, my weight loss is speeding up, not slowing down. It's not the scale - it's the mirror that gets me down.

I'm 5'10 - and yes, I used to jog that slowly. But my walking pace has picked up. I really like those fitness apps that track your speed/calories. Only down side is that I now walk too fast for my husband. We do a short circuit together and then I have to take off on my own.

That's where mixing in the strength training can help. The cardio is helping with the calories burn and you are doing great with that. The strength training will help to get your body looking tight and well shaped. Just food for thought.