Visalus, does it live up to the hype?

Options
I have seen a lot of ads for ViSalus lately. I am not looking for someone to sell it to me. I know that those who use it get a discount every time they sign up a new customer which I think makes it harder to get a real review. If you have used it please give my the low down. Is it worth the money? Does it taste horrible? Do you feel good using it?

Replies

• Kikilicious84
    Options
    I've only tried the sample with soy milk and it tasted good. My SIL sells it but she's also a personal trainer. Its just a meal replacement shake.

I think there is a group of people here that use it though.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, but chances are if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

There is no magic potion for getting and staying fit and healthy.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    It's a supplement. Multi-level marketed.

Eat real food. Get same benefits. Ta Da. That will be $49, please.
  • BeyFit805
    BeyFit805 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I tried it for like 45 days. I was doing 2 shakes a day and working out regularly. The taste wasn't that bad either. I got pretty close to my goal weight but as soon as I stopped all the weight came back and I mean ALL of it. Granted I wasn't eating very healthy or working out as much after. Its kind of pricey too. I would just rather lose it the old fashion way. :happy:
  • htzen
    htzen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought the one package for weight loss and it cost me $350.00. I got a month's worth of shakes/supplements, etc. The shakes do taste awesome, way better than any protein shake i have ever tried, and a lot less calories. I myself found it very hard to replace two meals a day with the shakes (my dad's a chef so I've always been raised to love a variety of food), so that was the main reason I could not stick to the program. I'd say buy a pack of the Shake mix and just use it whenever you don't have time to cook or don't have a lot of groceries and still want to achieve your weight loss goals. It's a good meal replacement if you need something on the go, but other than that, it did not work for me (granted I only did the program for a week or so before giving up lol). Make sure you like shakes!!!

Only thing that's worked for me so far is straight up healthy eating and exercise!
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    makes u lose weight fast but once u start eating again you will gain it back... same as everything else... just eat good food
  • bakeralison1
    bakeralison1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I bought some and found I don't really like the taste of the mix, I would rather use my old protein powder and not have the extra carbs in it as well.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, but chances are if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

There is no magic potion for getting and staying fit and healthy.

LOVE THIS QUOTE from above. Right on! Personally I like just real food, I find no use for protein shakes or meal replacements.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I use it after workouts or on days that I'm not feeling like cooking. My new favorite way to do it is with Chocolate Silk and a banana. So good. I couldn't replace full meals all the time with them but they are really great every once in awhile. But that saying, I do have 3 bags of it (bought into the hype a friend was giving) so I probably should eat more of it just to get it out of my house.
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses, I appreciate the help :)
  • relucas81
    Options
    It tastes great and is nutritionally sound, but it's way too expensive. Just get a cheap protein powder and you will get the same benefit
  • luckygerl413
    Options
    I have been using it for almost 90 days now, lost 15lbs and over 10 inches between my chest, waist and hips. For the people who said they gain it back after stopping, its because they are not exercising or eating the correct way. Like any other diet, if you QUIT something and go back to your old ways, then yes you will gain it back. If you quit drinking the shakes, eat sensible and maybe exercise you will have NO problem keeping the weight off. I see it's "expensive" from a lot of people too... Did you take into consideration that you are SAVING money on groceries, or that you are improving your health? To some people, $100 a month is worth getting healthier and living longer!
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for a while now and love it. To me, the shakes taste great and it satifies my sweet tooth. The biggest benefit I have found is doing the shake for breakfast. Mornings in my house are always hectic because I have 3 kids that need to be at school at 3 different times so I don't have time to make myself a decent breakfast and the shakes are perfect for that. And I usually do a lunch shake because I hate sandwiches and once again the shakes are easy. I have lost over 30lbs in the last 4 months but I attribute that to exercising a lot and watching my total calories as much as to the shakes.

For full disclosure, I am not a promoter. I just use the shakes because they taste better than any others I have tried (and I am saving on my grocery bill).