Is it possible to lose 6lbs in a week?

Options
Is it possible to lose 6lbs in a week when you don't even exercise and actually eat? I have a friend who brags about losing weight without trying. She doesn't eat that healthy because I see her posting about eating pies and taking candy into the movie theaters. She knows I am dieting and working out so I think she brags on purpose. Some stuff I think she's full of crap about. Her husband eats A LOT, they go out to eat all the time and he joins eating competitions when he can. She claims there is NO sugar in the house :/ She offends me regularly, but I honestly don't think she means it. She's a good person though, so I just don't know.

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Its possible. But not knowing how often she eats the treats and in what amounts its hard to say. You can have candy and pie (I do) but in moderation.

Having said that, I would rather lose the way I am.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Yes. If she weighs herself when she's full of crap and then when she's not, it's possible to be down six pounds.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    First, yes anything is possible. Biggest Loser you will see 20+ lbs at times (granted they are working out). My first week I lost 7 lbs with only 180 mins of walking. 2nd who cares. Some people try to cut others down to make themselves feel better. Just writing this post was more time you should have spent worrying about this. Just take care of yourself and lead by example. Maybe once they see you sheding the lbs they might think twice about the crap they are eating. Is she offends you, let her know. Its that simple.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • clowdusc
    Options
    Uh.... That's odd. Maybe she's jealous? That's kind of what it sounds like. :/
    She sounds jealous of your self control, and ability to diet. Either she's trying to bring you back down to her "level" so that she can feel better, or she's trying to rise to your "level" by saying crap. Even if she doesn't have bad intentions, it might just be a self esteem issue for her and it's her way of coping with or without realizing it. I'd just ignore it. :/
    I had a friend like this... And not trying to sound rude or suggest anything, but we didn't stay friends very long.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yes. If she weighs herself when she's full of crap and then when she's not, it's possible to be down six pounds.
    Hahaha
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    Thank you guys. I don't tell people what to eat or how they should exercise and I don't give her advice if she doesn't ask. I don't go on my facebook "bragging". I have only lost 31lbs and I still have bad stuff once in a while (in moderation). I had not eaten fast food in a LONG time and said on my Facebook how I wanted to go to Hardees for a swiss and mushroom burger with no bun and a bottled water for lunch to treat myself. I go to the dr once a month and it's a 45 min drive but there is a Hardees there so I wanted to reward myself. Those are my favorite burgers. She goes on my Facebook saying NO!! THAT'S A LOT OF FAT AND ISN'T HEALTHY FOR YOU! Eat a salad!!! I tried telling her I am on a lowER carb diet and I don't go over my daily calorie or carb goal. She is normally a really sweet person.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    There is a woman I work with who is like this. She is always eating biscuits and cakes and when I started this and had lost 7lbs I was talking to someone about it, then the next day she claimed to have lost a stone. She hasn't but it's an attention thing, she was jealous someone else was getting congratulations on losing weight. I don't talk about it at work unless someone asks me.
  • howeudoing
    Options
    Be wary of "friends" who try to sabotage your best laid plans to be good and eat healithy. They are usually, in my experience, threatened or jealous of how well you are doing. If they are unable to succeed themselves they make themselves feel better by putting your achievements down.

Dont give up what you are doing if it works for you. People do lose weight at different rates but as long as you are losing, maintaining, happy and healthy then you know in your heart that what you are doing cant be that wrong. As long as you are eating healthily and exercising to some degree that is the main thing.
  • zephylis
    Options
    If she weighs herself properly, it's still possible within like the first week when you lose a lot of water weight, and it's also more likely for someone who starts off pretty heavy.
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a withings scale and weigh myself daily because it's new and fun and it always shows between 5lb and 6lb fluxuations. She probably doesnt tell you that 2 days later that 6lbs is back.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    A lot of women have their weight fluctuate wildly at their time of the month too so her loss could just be water weight fluctuations. What you are doing is more meaningful and over time your fat percentage is dropping. Ignore her comments and do your own thing!
  • drailine
    drailine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is possible. I lost six pounds in a day once (years ago) when I went on this very strict diet. It was all water weight though.

Regarding your comment about not bragging about losing weight on FB.....gurl, allow yourself those bragging rights and go right ahead and pat yourself on the back!! Staying focused and committed to losing weight is not an easy thing to go. Be proud of your accomplishments.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it's possible. it could be water weight.

also dont be afraid to go to hardees every now and then. i've lost the same amount as you and i've still been eating cupcakes, popeyes, BK, pizza, etc.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    So how many times has she lost 6lbs in a week? You sure can if it's a one time deal - like weighing yourself at TOM when water is being retained, then a week later. I doubt she's lost any real fat in that time if she's eating a lot of junk that's calorie dense. If she's not dieting or exercise, she's likely not eating at a deficit.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. I don't tell people what to eat or how they should exercise and I don't give her advice if she doesn't ask. I don't go on my facebook "bragging". I have only lost 31lbs and I still have bad stuff once in a while (in moderation). I had not eaten fast food in a LONG time and said on my Facebook how I wanted to go to Hardees for a swiss and mushroom burger with no bun and a bottled water for lunch to treat myself. I go to the dr once a month and it's a 45 min drive but there is a Hardees there so I wanted to reward myself. Those are my favorite burgers. She goes on my Facebook saying NO!! THAT'S A LOT OF FAT AND ISN'T HEALTHY FOR YOU! Eat a salad!!! I tried telling her I am on a lowER carb diet and I don't go over my daily calorie or carb goal. She is normally a really sweet person.
    [/quote

Only 31lbs??!! That's awesome, please don't downplay your amazing accomplishment.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 this week. But, I watched every bite and worked out like a crazy woman (on a mission)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I have a friend like that too... it's probably from all the bullsh*t they're expelling....
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    Yes I feel good about my 31 lbs and I have never had more energy to play with my kids :)
    I just want to post an example of a conversation we just had.

Stacy Wilkins: Glad you had a good time with hubby :) Were you able to stay out of the fudge shops??? Their fudge is so good!
    Yesterday at 11:09am via mobile · Like

Her: Nope we went in the big fudge shop and got fudge for us and his mom! And we went to the old country store and we got a lot of candy..like almost 4 pounds! Lol tim loves his taffy and hard candies! And we walked arround! Went to the bakery and got his mom her fruit bread with icing and we got a cream cheese crumble coffee cake...yummm!.......and ate a lot of chicken dinner!

I bet she sees that 6lbs back next week lol
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    I have a friend like that too... it's probably from all the bullsh*t they're expelling....
    LMAO!!!!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options

LOL :laugh: