Half Marathon Motivation HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I am looking for people to run with. I have also heard about the Goo for when I get into the longer runs. Does anyone use a Camelbak when running? I drink a lot of water and I am not sure what is the best way to make sure I stay hydrated on the longer runs.

What's goo?

My friend planned it so we started at her house. After five miles we ended back up at her house. Had a quick drink outside of her house with our water bottles. Then we did three more. Worked out well.
    Oh geez...I would also NOT go running for 5 miles without water...you should be drinking every 20 ish minutes (very small amounts) so you keep the body hydrated. Especially if there is any heat or humidity, this is a recipe for the emergency room!
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am looking for people to run with. I have also heard about the Goo for when I get into the longer runs. Does anyone use a Camelbak when running? I drink a lot of water and I am not sure what is the best way to make sure I stay hydrated on the longer runs.

What's goo?

My friend planned it so we started at her house. After five miles we ended back up at her house. Had a quick drink outside of her house with our water bottles. Then we did three more. Worked out well.
    Oh geez...I would also NOT go running for 5 miles without water...you should be drinking every 20 ish minutes (very small amounts) so you keep the body hydrated. Especially if there is any heat or humidity, this is a recipe for the emergency room!

I do it all the time and im fine. If I were to drink every 20 minutes i think i would have to pee and/ or get a stomachache . We run mostly in the early morning before its really hot.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I am running my first half on Saturday, and my second 3 weeks later. I only carry a small handheld water bottle that I freeze the night before on my long runs. I find that as long as I am very well hydrated the day before (well over 64 oz of water), I don't need much during the run. I really don't like water sloshing around in my stomach while I am running.