I gained all my weight back and I'm so upset with myself...

Options
Well, I never thought I'd have to write something like this, but silly me has gained all of my weight back. I am exactly ten pounds heavier than I was at this time last year and it makes me so so sad!

I recently settled into a new full time job and have not been too thrilled with it. I've now realized I'm an emotional eater. Enough said with that...

Anyway, I know ten pounds isn't much since I'm already thin. But the way in which I gain my weight makes it very noticeable. Any little pound I put on, it shows. Hate that about my body. I'm very depressed about it because i put in tons of hard work last year to get down to where I wanted to be, or at least as close to it as I could. Too much binging and not enough working out has plumped me right back up again.

I'm back though, and would love some new friends to help me back on my journey to health again! This job tends to bring me down into a funk and I need to change that. Emotional eating is NOT the answer and I know that now.

Anybody looking for some new friends? I'm a good motivator and would love a buddy!!!

Replies

• healthymission92
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm the same I put it back on and more! I have not been working out and have been binging alot. Working on it now and hopefully it will fix itself. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry you're going through this. At least you have learnt what makes you eat and now you can try and avoid emotional eating. A friends of mins has put a sign on her fridge that says "What you are looking for is not in here". She also has one on her cupboard that says "If you need a hug or some comfort, you will not get those from a cookie". It's a way to remind herself that often she is looking to fill an emotional need. Nice idea, I thought.

Anyway, I have another 100lbs to loose so I'll be on MFP for a long time. I'd love more friends if you are looking for people.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What an excellent idea! Your friend is a smart girl!!!
  • Yaowz
    Options
    Don't even worry about it! Move forward and focus on getting back to a weight that makes you comfortable! I fell off the wagon a bit the past few days, and I can't change it, but I can make sure it doesn't happen in the future. I'm sure you will be fine in about 1 week. Goals+Discipline=Results!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    If it's any consolation....

Last May I started Jenny Craig at 138 lbs. Through the program I got to 121 lbs. Then at the end of November I quit Jenny Craig because I had been unemployed for 3 months, and it was too much for me to afford. At the beginning of December I started a stressful course, and everyone kept telling me "It's the holiday season. Treat yourself, everyone treats themselves during the holiday season. Then everything went down hill from there. I've gone up to 141, and just got down to 139.1. It's very depressing, but I'm trying my best.

14877786.png
  • lollie1285
    Options
    I know the feelings all too well. We can get it back again, girls! I know we can!! Hard work and determination will get us back to where we need to be. Have faith xoxo
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    You're sweet and encouraging!

14877786.png
  • Gatominx
    Gatominx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Argh I know the feeling. I got to around 150 in June, then totally went off the rails this summer! Working too much, eating horribly, lots of delicious wine, and next to no excercise. And wouldn't you know BOOM 10 pounds right back on! I had worked SO hard to get those off (down from 180 at the start), got lazy, and now it feels like I'm starting all over again. Just getting it together again now, and have just re-started the 30 day shred Sept 1st! The good thing is I know that it can be done, I just needed that kick again!
  • 202685tracy
    202685tracy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Everyone who has gained weight back should really check out the forum Eat More to Weigh Less, they have some great insights into why it is so easy to gain it all back plus some!
  • mrsweasley23
    mrsweasley23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in exactly the same place as you right now! :( Gutted to have regained after all my hard work, so I know how you feel. Would be good to be friends and make sure we keep it up and get back to where we want to be!
  • OhKelsey1
    Options
    Hey! Guess what? The EXACT same thing happened to me. I lost about 20 pounds over the summer before my senior year in college (143-125). Then I went back, got busy, got sloppy with my eating habits and put ten of those pounds back on. When I graduated in May, I had the exact same realization you did, and I started working out and eating right again. Now I'm at 120 and physically very fit since I focused more on strength training this time around. I've BEEN there, believe me, but the system always works! You just have to dedicate yourself to it again. :D
  • amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing! I was 2.5 lbs from my goal weight at one point... and then I got a full-time job, stopped working out, stopped watching what I eat and now I'm back to Square One. I can't seem to stick with a workout plan or permanently change the way I eat. I just started trying to cut down on carbs and it's already not going well. Somehow I have to get back into the fitness mentality... maybe mutual support is what we need!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Been there. I lost 40 and gained it back. It sucks having all that work undone and restarting at square 1 but it's only a mistake if you don't learn from it. This time it's gone for good.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me!

I gained about half of what I lost last year back and am now back on track.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    We really learn from our mistakes moreso than successes. You know what you had to do to lose it before don't be too hard on yourself. We ARe only human. Just get back to what you did before, watching carefully what you eat and work out more than you did before. You NOW know what one little cheat will do, so you have to not allow yourself that one cheat.

Make me a friend and keep in touch. You can do it girl!!!!!

Basil
  • lollie1285
    Options
    We definitely do learn from our mistakes! I can attest to that! And although I'm not glad that a few others are having issues, I'm comforted to know that I'm not alone with this struggle. All of the support I've received from private messages, friend requests, and the comments in this thread have made me so thankful and appreciative. I'm so ready to get back on track!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    this exact same thing happened to me. i lost ten lbs on here. then bought a scale after a year of being moved out and i went up like 15 lbs from my starting weight. back on track now!!!
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I was once up to 268 pounds. I lost a lot of weight (unhealthily) when I had gall stones. There were a lot of foods I couldn't eat, and I didn't have health insurance, so I couldn't get the gall bladder taken out. By the time I finally was able to get it taken out, I weighed 217; a 51 pound loss.

Needless to say, once I was able to eat whatever I wanted to again, I did. A lot of it.

Got all the way back up to 266 before I decided to lose the weight again, and to do it right this time. Down to 246 so far.

You've done it before, it's just a matter of picking yourself back up and doing it again.
  • nootoo22
    nootoo22 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm dealing with the same thing right now. I've lost 20kg and gained 7 back. and it sucks, but i guess it happens. we just gotta work hard :smile:
    feel free to add me :)
  • Selgar
    Selgar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in the same boat - over xmas time I was moving, starting a new job etc, and next thing I knew I'd gained back about 15 of the 25 pounds I'd lost. It seems like food just consumes me, and I'm so easily derailed.......that's embarrassing to admit! But I think being honest with myself might be the first step. I would love some more friends, so feel free to add me!!