mint tea

Options
I want to ask is mint tea helpful for weight loss because few of my friends has lost so much weight by drinking it they put the mint leaves in water and then boil it for few minutes and then add lemon into it is it really helpful for weight loss and tell me green tea is much better or mint leave tea is much better for weight loss?

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I don't know how great mint is for weight loss, but it certainly deters me from drinking alcohol at night :laugh: You know, mint and wine just don't mesh!
    I drink a cup of warm lemon juice in the morning - I find it's great for elimination and evacuation :glasses:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    a full cup of just lemon juice?? not sure if I could handle that...
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    :sick: Oh, let me clarify - 2 tablespoons of real organic lemon juice and hot water.
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    I agree with mojogurl. The mint tea really keeps you from wanting to drink anything else or even eat something with that mint taste in your mouth. It's almost like you just brushed your teeth because of the minty-ness from the tea. :smile: I use Celestial Seasons Peppermint Tea. 0 calories, 0 sugars, 0 everything! It's awesome. I love it! :love:
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    I've never tried the lemon juice idea -- may have to try it! :smile:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I am a tea drinker...lover of all kinds...green, PG tips, herbal infusions. As long as it is real, I will drink it! :heart: I am not sure if mint tea or green tea specifically helps you to lose weight in that "miracle" way but if you are drinking a couple of pots a day then just by remaining well hydrated you will increase your body's ability to metabolise calories. (a dehydrated body is slow). The little bit of caffeine will also increase your metabolism.:drinker:

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with drinking it! Give it a try and let us know.