Train for a marathon?

Options
Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with lupus in January, and have been sick for around about a year now, which has put a considerable dent in my general fitness, but I am getting back into the swing of things.

I used to be a regular runner, and I have been contemplating running the marathon for lupus charities. I know that most people say you should have been a regular runner for at least a year before thinking about it, and I have been a regular runner for longer than that (but shorter distances!), but not in the last year.

Doable?

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I can assure you there is NOTHING magical about the marathon distance. It is a LONG way to run.

Take your time and run some halfs. You'll know when it is time to train for a marathon.
  • EdgyMcSterious
    Options
    I've run two marathons, it's long hard work getting to where you are able to run the distance but it is totally worth it.

There are a lot of beginner marathon training programs on the web. Find one that you can stick with and go for it.

Good luck and remember, the actual marathon is a celebration of your training.
  • pattie317
    pattie317 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like that!!