NSV...160 pounds gone, my own father didn't recognize me.

Options
Losing what equals to 3 preschoolers is serious business. It's had it's ups and downs, for sure. I've lost friends who just couldn't deal with the smaller me...family who didn't believe I could do it...but, it's those victories, both large and small that have kept me going day by day.

I had quite the NSV the other day. I was meeting up with my father (who I hadn't seen in a few years), at a camp site. I drove up and asked where to park. He didn't quite hear me, and said, "I'm sorry miss, can I help you?"....I was literally, speechless. What do you say when your father doesn't recognize you??!! Well, I did whatever self respecting smart-*kitten* would do. I said, "well, I hope so....DAD!!". It took a minute..but, he managed to pick up his jaw off the ground.

*I wish I knew how to post side by side photos..I can't really blame him, I don't look like the same person, so, I didn't hold it against him for too long, lol. *

Those are the moments that motivate me to keep going. Even though the scale hasn't moved in TWO MONTHS (yes, yes, I'm losing inches...I know, I know..this should make me feel better, but-I want to see 199 SO BAD!!), these are the moments that keep me going!!

What keeps you going?

When you feel like you've blown it, when you're discouraged, or (if your a woman) when someone asks "WHEN ARE YOU DUE??" -BTW.....never ask that--unless a woman is wearing a neon maternity shirt that is flashing 'BABY ON BOARD'...just sayin. How do you go onward and upward?

Replies

• kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    first off, congratulations, that is AH-MAZING!! for your own DAD not to recognize you!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: awesome oppossum job. :laugh:

My motivation has been rocky. Right now, I'm motivated for Christmas. May not seem like a huge thing, but I want to be able to go to the family functions of Christmas actually wearing something cute, not something to cover me up. I want to actually be able to be looked at, not looked away from. I'm getting married in June, so that's my other inspiration, not necessarily to fit into the dress, but for the honeymoon :wink:
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The thought of being the healthiest me ever, and having the understanding how great I feel and its relationship to my food and exercise choices..... also....shopping for great clothes!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    im sorry that your friends and family dont respect the smaller you...you are doing a great job on your health and they should reward you instead of turning there back towards you. If i hadnt see you in that time i probably wouldnt recognize you either...160 is alot and great job on the weight loss. but im sure he felt really bad though :) For your weight loss recently dont give up....i lost weight right away then inches and then back to losing weight. you will start to lose more weight if you keep it up so dont give up. you have done a great job
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thx all...It has been difficult letting go of those that bring nothing but negativity and my past failures. But, in order to see LONG LASTING success, in my life as a woman/wife/mother/friend...it had to be done.

I didn't get mad at my dad...just gave me some really good ammo to give him crap. :D
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Amazing NSV!!
    I have people who dont recognize me either. Its fullfilling in a way isnt it ??
    I love the feeling of proving to yourself that you can will and have made a big change in your life!
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!!! My friend I am so proud of you. You are doing an awesome job. I know how frustrated you are for being at a stand still but you should realize that this is all part of the process. The weight will come off. Keep up the great work. BTW, I am so glad you are part of my MFP. Thank you for your inspiration. Becca
  • babymine55
    Options
    Thank you Becca! You're being kind. ;)

I think a Christmas goal, is a FANTASTIC idea! I think I'll have to look around for a goal outfit. Hmmm...got my creative juices goin!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Losing what equals to 3 preschoolers is serious business. It's had it's ups and downs, for sure. I've lost friends who just couldn't deal with the smaller me...family who didn't believe I could do it...but, it's those victories, both large and small that have kept me going day by day.

I had quite the NSV the other day. I was meeting up with my father (who I hadn't seen in a few years), at a camp site. I drove up and asked where to park. He didn't quite hear me, and said, "I'm sorry miss, can I help you?"....I was literally, speechless. What do you say when your father doesn't recognize you??!! Well, I did whatever self respecting smart-*kitten* would do. I said, "well, I hope so....DAD!!". It took a minute..but, he managed to pick up his jaw off the ground.

*I wish I knew how to post side by side photos..I can't really blame him, I don't look like the same person, so, I didn't hold it against him for too long, lol. *

Those are the moments that motivate me to keep going. Even though the scale hasn't moved in TWO MONTHS (yes, yes, I'm losing inches...I know, I know..this should make me feel better, but-I want to see 199 SO BAD!!), these are the moments that keep me going!!

What keeps you going?

When you feel like you've blown it, when you're discouraged, or (if your a woman) when someone asks "WHEN ARE YOU DUE??" -BTW.....never ask that--unless a woman is wearing a neon maternity shirt that is flashing 'BABY ON BOARD'...just sayin. How do you go onward and upward?

This ^^^^
    What keeps me motivated when the scale moves downward too slowly, although losing inches? That is a easy answer it is MFP People like you who inspire me not to give up! Hugs to you my Friend and congratulations.
  • babymine55
    Options
    :) thx, I agree, sharing victories and being encouragers is essential, for me. It reminds me that, I'M NOT ALONE...I DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS ALONE!
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! Congratulations on your success!!! :)
  • babymine55
    Options
    Thanks! It's quite a trip looking back at old photos. Even my hubby says he doesn't recognize the old me.
  • Mamabrandyk
    Options
    That must feel so good because you ARE a new person! You worked really hard to get there too! Congrats!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Wow! Truly inspirational, thank you for sharing. I joined a group that is challenging everyone to set goals for September 1 to December 31. There are weekly challenges also. It is very organized with spread sheets and everything to keep track of everyone. You all should join!

Name of group is

September-December Challenge
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love reactions like that, personally!! LOL!

My scale FINALLY moved after over a year of trying to deal with hypothyroidism. I only hope it stays.

If I "fall off the wagon" I just dust off and get back on. Keep at it!! You're doing great!
  • babymine55
    Options
    Ohhh-hypothyroid, yeah...I struggle with that too. Boo! Awesome for you for not letting it get the better of you! So often in my past I let my "issues" dictate why I couldn't exercise, why even if I ate right, I couldn't lose weight anyways...It is NO small victory when we choose our health! :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    That is a pretty incredible NSV. Congratulations, your pictures do look incredible by the way.

Haven't had any NSV like that. Maybe someday.
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thx all...It has been difficult letting go of those that bring nothing but negativity and my past failures. But, in order to see LONG LASTING success, in my life as a woman/wife/mother/friend...it had to be done.

I didn't get mad at my dad...just gave me some really good ammo to give him crap. :D

How long did it take you to loose that much weight?
  • meandtwocats
    Options
    WOO HOO! You rock....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!