I Don't Count Pickles

Options

Replies

• sjakma402
    sjakma402 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't count the free samples at Whole Foods.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I don't count celery or apples because they are negative calorie foods.

Erm...apples can have upwards of 70 cals in them. You really should count them.
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't count spices or my dinner salad (romaine, cucumbers, tomato) it is so small it's not worth it. I do count the dressing though!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I count everything, even my vitamins that have no calories at all. I do it almost as a reminder though. I am looking through my diary constantly, and on days I work I prelog the night before so I'm not snacking all day at my desk.
  • Mucki37
    Options
    Celery and cucumbers...they take more calories to chew and digest than they provide. Personally, anything with artificial sweeteners should be taboo in a diet. Chemicals = salts = water retention. DON'T DO IT! Drink unsweetened herbal teas (hibiscus and rose hips are naturally sweet, for example). DIET refers to a way of life, not just a weight-loss mechanism. Be healthy people!
  • Spook_adr
    Options
    Love this.
    I don't count the free samples at Whole Foods.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I count everything!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    So low in calories...
    Yes, I know they're loaded with salt. Still. I need something I can eat that doesn't "count," and won't add 100s of calories.

Anyone else have something they don't count?
    The reason for counting pickles is the sodium. Try to balance that out by making sure you're getting plenty of potassium

Exactly. I lowered my blood pressure to the
    point of being taken off meds by counting
    my sodium intake. Actually just by keeping
    an eye on my sodium, everything else just
    seems fall right in to place. (kind of weird)
  • ki4yxo
    Options
    I don't count pepper.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of amazed that anyone would consider counting spices at all. They just can't be a significant source of anything.

It seems to me that that unavoidable errors involved with counting calories makes anything less than 10 or so just not worth dealing with.
    Of course, that doesn't mean 20 pieces of candy at 10 calories each should not be counted...but lettuce on my sammy? Nope.

I'm thinking the same here. Spices (not blended mixes with salt, but legitimate spices like basil, oregano, thyme, etc.) are trace of everything. BIzarre that people would count them...
    I count cinnamon if I put a full tsp in at least, b/c it has iron, which I track.
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I don't count celery or apples because they are negative calorie foods.

I thought there was no such thing as negative calorie foods?

Yes there is. I saw it on Dr. Oz. And he's a Dr. So he knows what he's talking about.

Don't believe everything he says, money is his first concern and I have caught him on a few contradiction. He gets paid $$$$$$$for his endorsements and he is not keeping good track of what he endorses versus what he preaches. There are no such a thing as negative calories.
    Oh so true. Don't trust anyone who's paid to tell me something...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I don't log my two serving sof reduced sugar ketchup (~10 calories), gum (rarely have it), or the 5 sprays of I can't believe it's not butter spray I put on my spinach. I also just assume I'm eating 100 calories more than I am, that's why you'll see me state I eat 3350 daily even though my diary says 3250.

*shrug* makes me feel good to skip a few things even though I'm accounting for them mentally.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I don't count salsa. Even the kind with black beans and corn.:smile:
  • ki4yxo
    Options
    I don't count salsa. Even the kind with black beans and corn.:smile:

Gave it up and started making my own Pico. (which I do count)

How many mg of sodium in 2 TBSP? :sick:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't count spices, mints, Mio, mustard or ketchup (I rarely eat ketchup - log it for recipes though if it's a higher amount).
  • BigAardvaark
    Options
    IronmanPanda - Apples are full of sugar and over 100 calories each. Please consider editing your post as it is sat prominently on the first page and could mislead other easily misled folk ;-)
  • Chrisswa
    Options
    :bigsmile: CRUMBS DON'T COUNT!!!

Yum so i can eat as many crumbs as i wont ?????? ...... off to look for Crumbs:laugh:
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't count water.
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    I don't add sweetener, though I did today because I started using Stevia and wanted to know how it shaped up. I don't log vitamins, or things like paracetamol even though I know they sometimes contain cals...and I haven't had the flu since joining MFP (yet!) but I wouldn't log things like Lemsip or cough syrups if I had to take them
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I now count pickles because they have VERY HIGH sodium, not just high and the water weight was killing me. Beside my husband has high BP so having them around wasn't the best thing anyway...