Where a kid can be a kid

bablve3000
bablve3000 Posts: 12
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I lost myself at chuck-e-cheese this weekend :frown:

I was doing so well the past week getting back on the wagon and I completely lost focus after a few hours with the kids. How do I tame myself for future outings??? To do so well the first week and then let it all slip away in a matter of hours is very frustrating.

Any advice out there?

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Chuck E. Cheese serves pizza and beer. It's easy to get lost in that!

Maybe you just allow yourself a cheat day or meal. Don't go overboard but don't feel guilty for one bad meal either. Life and bad foods will always be there. Try to portion control on those days and get in an extra hard workout to negate the calories a little bit.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    *sings* "Chuuuuuck Eeee Cheeses, where a kid can be OBESE!"

That was a joke, btw.

Next time, make your own pizza, and have a family game night. It's cheaper, healthier, and just as fun! Plus it's excellent bonding for your family. If your kids like the interaction of CEC, get a Wii. Those will burn off energy and calories, and your kids will never realize it.
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    I too spetn a day at C.E.C. I took a couple of healthy options for me to much on while there! I also stopped getting pizza there, now we just get tokens and play to our hearts content. Then I take the kids to McDonald's or something, at least there I can get a grilled chicken sandwich!! But it is okay to indulge on occasion, we are working hard a treat is allowed, add some extra time to your workout or make you normal one more intense.

If I want a treat,(I did yesterday) then I up intensity on my nightly walk/run. Last night I ran most of my 30mins, usually I to 5 mins. running and 3 mins. walking. I enjoyed my self and still stayed within my calorie range. Today I will be good and eat right...This is life don't feel bummed, you have kids and therefore junk food abounds. If you stress you blow it all.
  • We do have a Wii and that is a good idea. It would be a lot cheaper to lose at home rather than to Chuck and consume all his calories in the process!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    We do have a Wii and that is a good idea. It would be a lot cheaper to lose at home rather than to Chuck and consume all his calories in the process!

You could even set up a prize system, awarding them some cheapie plastic toy in return for X number of points earned on the Wii game. :wink:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Ooh, now you're thinkin! How 'bout gift cards to Walmart or Target? Just $5, something that they could use to pick out their own prize. Or even have a prize of a special day out with just mom or dad! Take a healthy picnic lunch for an exciting outing (mini golfing, park day, etc)
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    When I take my boys to CEC I get the salad bar, which is actually pretty good at our location. I try to bring my own salad dressing because the low fat ranch there is way too good, so I'm not sure it is low cal. I try to have one piece of pizza and then stop. We get a small pizza so there usually is not any left after the boys get what they want. I don't take them very often so it is a special treat. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.