need chicken noodle soup recipes...

Options
Nikki143
Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
I have the broth, and noodles.. just not the recipe. hOW DO i DO IT? i AM GONNA COOK CHICKEN TENDERLOINS TO GO INTO THE SOUP..

Replies

• amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    When I am in the mood for soup I just take a package of chicken from the freezer and boil it with a package of frozen corn, peas, and green beans. I add whatever spices I am in the mood for and then once all of that is cooked I add my pasta. YUM... If I didn't already have venison stew in the crockpot for dinner I would make soup.
  • stacey76
    stacey76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This recipe comes from a cookbook called homestyle meals made heathy. I just bought it and haven't had a chance to make anything yet, but here's the recipe it has for chicken noodle soup.

Chicken Noodle Soup
    1/2 tbsp butter
    1/2 onion finely chopped
    1 rib celery finely chopped
    1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves chopped
    4 c fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
    1/8 tsp ground black pepper
    1/4 pound (2 c) noodles

Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add the celery onion and celery. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until they are translucent. Add the chicken. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes.
    Meanwhile bring the broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the pepper and noodles and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 7 minutes or until the noodles are soft. Add the chicken mixture, stir to mix.

Makes 6 servings
    per serving:
    104 calories
    377 mg sodium
    2 g fat
    11 g carbs
    32 m cholesterol
    10 g protein
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Options
    I always add some celery, carrots and onions, a tiny bit of rice as well. I always make tiny meatballs, no more then 1' in diameter. I do boil them separtely and drain so I don't get any of the fat from the hamburger. The meatballs is what makes the soup. I also use pure chicken broth from the tetra packs. Very low in calories and just adds such a rich flavor to the soup. Got luck and enjoy.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I cook the chicken in the stock for awhile, with whatever veggies you want, carrots, onions, celery. Take the chicken out and let cool - debone and tear into pieces. Throw the chicken back in with the noodles. Cook til the noodles are soft then you can eat.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!! I am gonna cook chix noodle soup tomrrow!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    saving for later :wink: