suppliments

Options
does anyone else take L-Carnatine and how do you find it ??? Does it work for you etc etc

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    What purpose would you be taking it for in the first place?
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    at the moment im takind body effects and maxines burn.. L-Catnatine i'm after something to help shape as well.. ive heard this is pretty good too...
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by shape but I assume weight loss.

L-cartinine is covered here by Alan Aragon.

http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/550744-the-20-most-overrated-supplements/

With the possible exception of leucine for people trying to build muscle, supplementing with any singular amino acid is pointless and a waste of money. Imo.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    thanks for your input :)
  • Pont32
    Options
    I take 1 500mg tablet a day in the mourning right before I eat. I did go a few weeks without and why I did lose those weeks I lost more when I had it. Not a big difference but a difference none the less. Also my Calories intake was the same and so was my level of Exercise. That being said no 2 people are the same no supplements will work the same for everyone. There are lots of factors at play. I get mine at walmart or the Vitamin shoppe.
  • jodigirl03
    Options
    There's a lot of information out there and there's a lot of bad information out there. There's always going to be some fitness guru or Dr. out there trying to earn a buck by writing a book based on their personal experience or something they read that they chose to believe and turn into the "bible of dieting."

My personal experience from over 20 years of practicing a healthy lifestyle is that there are no quick fixes. I've done it with supplements and I've done it w/o. Back in my early days of experimental dieting I tried diet pills, (the prescription kind), supplements, exercise, etc and I STILL had to burn an extra 3500 cal's a week to lose a lb. In other words not even a diet pill could speed that process up for me.

Now days, with all the medical law suits, recalled medications, and ever changing rules of what's good for you and what's not, I personally chose not to put anything in my body that 10 years later they are going to prove shortens a persons life. I'm so much more cautious about what I put in my body these days. I mean who would have ever thought that one day we'd learn that mass production of vegetable & fruit farms would become poison. And those lil buttery tasty treats that come in a box with a shelf life of over 10 years would slowly kill you or be directly linked to cancer and other life threatening diseases.
    Today I chose not to take the chance. I eat organic, minimally processed, grass fed or locally raised. I mean I admire those clean eaters but in my life it's not as practical to be completely clean or meat free but I do try and believe that small changes turn into big changes.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that you STILL have to burn 3500 cal's to lose a lb and there is nothing that changes that. If some of you have lost weight faster due to a diet pill that made your heart race and may have speeded up your metabolism for a minute or decreased your appetite, it will back fire on you when you get older. If it's a supplement that;s been around for 100 yrs and your already putting in the hard work, go for it if you want to try it. But I'd say definitely stay away from most all herbs. Save your money for a gym membership or organic foods. Things that will increase your longevity.

As for LCarnitine I personally like it in combination with other amino's but I am not currently taking anything but a multiple vitamin. I even asked my Dr. to wean me from all medications and am currently using exercise for anything from depression to digestive issues, energy etc.

xxx ... I'm just an experienced EX dieter who is trying to live a healthy lifestyle, maintain my weight and track my calories. Not a professional of any kind.