Weight lift before Cardio

Options
KanCrav
KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
SO i have only been exercising for two months now and i always wondered if i should do my weight trainging before or after my cardio

well.... Women's Fitness magazine says that weight training before your cardio gives your heart a better work out and helps your heart stay healthier... and it also burns more calories cuz you are warming up as you are pumping those weights....

Replies

• KanCrav
    Options
    SO i have only been exercising for two months now and i always wondered if i should do my weight trainging before or after my cardio

well.... Women's Fitness magazine says that weight training before your cardio gives your heart a better work out and helps your heart stay healthier... and it also burns more calories cuz you are warming up as you are pumping those weights....
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    There was a long post about this a while a go and everyone had different opinions, trainers had different opinions it's up to you....switch it up and then you're getting the best of both worlds throughout the week.
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    I do weights first. I found out that if I don't when I get finished with cardio I don't want to do weights because I'm too sweaty.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    ...cuz you are warming up as you are pumping those weights....

I'm not an expert; however, you should stretch and warm up prior to pumping weights to prevent injury. My two cents.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Should warm up first. Just a few minutes (5-10). I find I can do more weight if I do it first.
  • KanCrav
    Options
    i def warm up before doing anything... i was just quoting the mag....