smart and delicous tortillas

Options
Which type do you recommend?

I ask because I tried the 80 calorie high fiber/low carb one's and there was a reason they were that low in calories. They tasted like card board! Are any of their other flavors better?

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    We've been getting the whole wheat Chi-Chi's tortillas. They are pretty good to me.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like the Mission Life Balance Whole Wheat tortillas -- 110 cals, 3g fat, 1g sat fat, 19g carbs, 4g fiber, 3g sugar, 4g protein per 1 tortilla. They taste pretty good.

From vons.com:
    " Product Details: 23 Vitamins & minerals including DHA Omega-3 & antioxidants. As much calcium as a glass of milk. A good source of fiber. Plus! For your healthy lifestyle. 0 g Trans fat per serving. No lard. No cholesterol."
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just purchased some Ole (thats the product name) whole wheat flour tortillas and they are delicious. They have no surgar and only 5 carbs and 71 cals per slice and i think atlease 6 grams of fiber. They are loaded with fiber. They are delish and i think you would like them. I did and ate two filled with veggies, hummus and smoked turkey. By the way you can find it in the list of foods on this website. I was shocked this thing is so up to date on all the new foods.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Are they the ones by La Tortilla Factory? If so, I get the ones that are whole wheat white, they have more fiber than the wheat ones, are huge burrito size, and taste great. They are 100 or 110 calories, can't remember which. And I'm not sure if I get low carb; I'm not one to watch my carbs :wink: Maybe you just got a gross package haha I get them all the time!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I have also used the La Tortilla low carb tortillas, and they do have a decent flavor. Of late, I have been using Orowheat Sandwich Thins. They come in a whole wheat and multi-grain version, and both taste good, but I am partial to the Multi-grain. A complete "roll" as they are referred to, is 100 calories, but they are split, so half is only 50. They have no high fructose corn syrup, and are a good source of fiber AND protein.

I
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Awesome, sounds like I have lots of options to try now.