HRMs: (For a big guy with a chest full of love)

Options
How do you go about buying a HRM online if your a bigger guy, like myself? I'm just afraid the chest strap won't fit. Through doing some research, on here, I've seen that Polar is the brand most people swear by, so that's where I'm looking.

Replies

• RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You can buy strap extensions, or even make your own. I've seen them on Amazon for the polars. I have the same problem and that is why I went with the wrist only option.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The polar f6 chest strap fits me np and im a big girl . They' re pretty stretchy and have alot of give in them. Measure your chest then go and have them measure the strap they might even have one open you can try on in one of the better sports shops. They really are worth it and I had same concern as you but it fits np :)
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I can't vouch for this 100%, but I believe they'll state their circumference. I do know they have sizing on the label, but that doesn't help since to see the label you have to buy it LOL.

I suggest measuring yourself where you'd wear it, and have a look online.

I don't know if it's because Polar is awesome (I own a Polar) or if it's because it's the most reasonably priced brand for non-pro-atheletes :)

Good luck!

P.S. You could try contacting the company and asking as well :)
  • Jaegur
    Jaegur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Now to stalk ebay/amazon.
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i recently bought a polar ft60. the chest strap that came with it is marked M-XXL. i have about a 45-47 inch chest/waist and it fits me with some to spare.

but i also saw that polar offers a bigger strap. you may have to buy it in addition to what comes with the watch, but i think you'll still want to keep the smaller one for when you're well . . . smaller.

found it on amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Polar-WearLink-Replacement-Strap-XXX-Large/dp/B000Q4RD3M/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1346633945&sr=8-10&keywords=polar+wearlink

it's just the strap, not the transmitter - but you'll have that from your other strap.