Setting mini goals

Options
Hello all, I'm trying to establish some mini goals for myself and am in need of someone's opinion to know if these are good or should I try to change them.

I'll be 33 next week, I'm 6' and currently weigh around 220. My ultimate goal weigh is 170 and I've set that because I'm 6'. I haven't been exercising consistently for the past 2 weeks because I let life get in the way instead of making that time for me. So, I'm trying to get myself back in the groove of things and I think mini goals will help me rather than just looking at my ultimate goal. Oh and to add.. I have various home work out videos I will be doing. I was drinking Shakeology but had to quit because of finances...

These are the mini goals I've came up with so far. What do you think?

GOALS:
Starting 9/3/12, these are my mini goals to reach my ultimate goal of 170.
[ ] Weigh 210 by October 15, 2012
[ ] Weigh 200 by December 1, 2012
[ ] Weigh 190 by February 15, 2013
[ ] Weigh 180 by April 1, 2013
[ ] Reach goal of 170 by May 15, 2013

Many thanks in advance for any help.... Renee

Replies

• Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Charlayray
    Charlayray Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Seems very realistic. And actually if you work hard you may be at 170 before May, maybe April? Just keep pushing!
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    i think you can definitely do it...you just have to have the drive and motivation, and dont let personal life get in the way.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    While I do like to set mini-goals for myself, I don't like to attach a time table to them. Weight loss should be celebrated and I don't want a negative feeling about losing 9 pounds by X date rather than 10.

I also think that consistently losing 10 pounds every 6 weeks is maybe too lofty a goal, especially that last 10 or even 20 pounds. Those last few tend to come off more slowly for most people.