I'm confused...

Options
I just entered some information for my lunch, and if I eat this amount, I will be going over my protein allowance for the day.

Should I try to stay within my protein allowance?

Replies

• amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am always over on protein.
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If I stay within my calories and eat healthy, it doesn't matter what I go over on the other things, I still lose. My problem lately has been the healthy part ;)
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I think in general if you're going to go over on something Protein is the best thing to do it on!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    generally, if you're working out at all, MFP set's protein pretty low. You can go over it and not have a problem. The thing to remember is that if you go over on protein but stay on track with calories, you might be going pretty far under on one of the others, which is ok unless you're going WAAAAAY under.
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems with all of my categories! I always go over at least one of them every day. I'm already way over on sugar because I ate a bowl of fruit for breakfast lol. I know I am eating healthy though and I try to focus more on the calories and just use the other categories as a guideline for what's good for me.
  • bahansen
    bahansen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are so different thoughts out there on how much of everything you should have that I don't think It's a huge deal to go over on protein, good carbs, etc. As far as going over on sugar....as long as you are eating natural sugar (fruits, vegies) you don't need to worry. It's the processed sugar that gets you. In the notes section I try to put how many sugars were from fruit so I can tell that I'm sticking within decent limits.
  • fit4life84
    fit4life84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate it
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I am always over on protein.

Me too! Always over on protein and under on carbs. Can't seem to remedy that no matter what I do! I feel like I eat too many carbs as is, but my counter always tells me otherwise. Also, oddly enough, I'm always too low on fat. But I find it difficult to eat fat without eating more protein....